ATX Community

TROUBLE with UPDATE!! Now I figured it out!!

Jack from Ohio

Here are my latest recommendations for program updates.

FIRST AND FOREMOST - I have had much smoother results by downloading the update file from the MYATX website and using it rather than doing the program update through the program. Smoother and faster.

If you have a standalone, close the ATX program, Then run the downloaded update file. After installation is complete, open the program and continue as normal.

With a network:

1. ABSOLUTELY update the server machine first and make sure all computers have the ATX2013 program shut OFF.

a ) Regardless if the server is also a workstation or not, download the update file from the site.

b ) Close ATX on the server if it also has a workstation.

c ) Run the downloaded file.

d ) When complete, if there is a workstation on the server, open the program and proceed as usual.

2. Wait for at least 5 minutes before updating the program on any workstation. The server will perform a total program backup and this will cause any workstations to receive multiple "server retry" errors till the backup is complete.

a ) Update workstations one at a time.

b ) Close the ATX program,

c ) Run the downloaded update file.

d ) After installation is complete, open the program and continue as normal.

3. Wait for at least 5 minutes before updating the program on another workstation. The server will perform a total program backup and this will cause any workstations to receive multiple "server retry" errors till the backup is complete.

4. Update each workstation following steps 2 & 3 till all have been done.

5. Once all the updates are installed, program should open and work as normal.

This is the process I used yesterday afternoon and it went very smoothly.

Since installing the update, no issues so far.

• Like 2

I have always updated through the program, no matter what anyone said. I download to the desktop with the program closed. Install the update and then reboot. Open the program. I have not had an issue with any of the updates, including the last two.

I waited until very late last night when I missed the postpone button. Seemed to go fine & did the workstation today. No issues, but I haven't been in the program much since I just woke up from a nap after the wall to wall overlapping clients this afternoon. But I didn't hear any howls of frustration from my assistant so I guess it's working ok.