ATX Community

NT - FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE PELLETIER CASE

kcjenkins

General Chat

Discuss taxes, software, anything you want besides politics.
is this a political post? just wondering?
because it is labeled NT does not make it non political.

The topic is marked NT (FYI - NT-Not Tax). Exercise your freedoms as an American to not click on the topic and stop the inflammatory rhetoric posting. When did you become a moderator?

• Like 3

Ease off, Jack, I'm pretty good at defending myself. :P

SCL, there is a thread on this subject in the Politics forum, as I am sure you know. However, I don't think of this subject as so much "political" but rather "humanitarian" and knowing that many don't have time for the Politics forum, right now, I decided to post just this brief update here. BECAUSE I find this latest development horrifying, for both the child and the family, I want ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE PELLETIER CASE to know it. I think it is clearly marked, and clearly labeled, so I don't see any reason except pettiness for you to object.

• Like 5

No, Tom. It's a case where parents have 2 daughters that have a rare disease and they took the younger one to a hospital because she had the flu, and the doctors then said this teenager didn't have the rare disease but instead had mental illness, took her off her medications leaving her in serious pain, and turned her over to child protective services. That was about 14 months ago. The daughter hasn't been out of that hospital, the parents are only allowed supervised visitation, and she hasn't been to school either. She was thriving before she went in, and now is wheelchair-bound and deteriorating under the state's "care". The family is from CT, but the state of MA has her.

As KC said, it is horrifying that this could happen.

• Like 1

Ease off, Jack, I'm pretty good at defending myself. :P

SCL, there is a thread on this subject in the Politics forum, as I am sure you know. However, I don't think of this subject as so much "political" but rather "humanitarian" and knowing that many don't have time for the Politics forum, right now, I decided to post just this brief update here. BECAUSE I find this latest development horrifying, for both the child and the family, I want ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE PELLETIER CASE to know it. I think it is clearly marked, and clearly labeled, so I don't see any reason except pettiness for you to object.

nice spin, but I'm not buying.

especially your forced rationalization about folks not having time for the thread(s) on politics.

yes, it's on politics (on more than one thread, already)...they even had apropos responses that I found somewhat interesting.

unlike this thread that languished until I made my "petty" complaint about no politics on chat.

as I said before, marking it NT does not make it non political. a distinction you, jack, and others frequently choose ignore.

especially your forced rationalization about folks not having time for the thread(s) on politics.

yes, it's on politics (on more than one thread, already)...they even had apropos responses that I found somewhat interesting.

unlike this thread that languished until I made my "petty" complaint about no politics on chat.

as I said before, marking it NT does not make it non political. a distinction you, jack, and others frequently choose ignore.

Maybe an explanation about how to NOT CLICK on things you don't want to read or choose not to like?

Computer use consultation for such skills is available for free at most public libraries.

I understand how the 1st amendment/free speech works...you don't.

click or don't click.

respond or don't respond.

free speech.

no where does it say, like you are suggesting:

don't click.

don't respond.

no free speech.

if that were the case...

and it is why I find the inconsistent, hypocritical, simple minded political posturing of right wing demagogues so amusing...

DON'T CLICK ON OR RESPOND TO ANY OF MY POSTS!

BAZZINGA!!

"Bazzinga" my... foot.

We are not hypocritical because WE didn't start out whining that your post shouldn't be here because it gets in our way. Nor are we infringing on ANYONE's free speech or ability to not click on the thread.

I see threads all the time (this forum, and several others) I don't bother to click on -- forms I don't need, states I have no knowledge of, whatever. I don't go barging in to those threads and complain that they should be posting in the e-filing forum or the states forum or the other software forum. And if I click on a topic that doesn't end up interesting me, I just leave.

NT is the universal advance warning for "NOT tax." Learn it. Plenty of NT topics here: laugh of the day, KC's adorable pet videos, weeds, flowers, and spring allergies -- I don't see comments in any of those threads from you about how they don't belong.

So when you make accusations of "inconsistent, hypocritical, simple minded political posturing" you need to be looking in the mirror at the time.

• Like 4

It's a fact, not a "forced rationalization". And this subject is one that I want everyone to be aware of. Because the one thing WE who do not live in Mass can do is make sure the story does not die the way they want it to, by posting about it on any group, and ask others to post, write letters, etc, so the heat stays on the politicians to stop ignoring this horrible abuse of this child by the government. NO education for over a year? NO visits from her family now, and only ONE HOUR PER WEEK before, with ARMED GUARDS present?

As Cat said, "accused terrorist Tsarnev is incarcerated BY MASSACHUSETTS, and has been since the Marathon bombings last year.

HE gets all the family visits he wants, medical care at HIS choosing, educations, religious visits, and more -- all at state expsense.

This girl would see better treatment as an accused terrorist than as a "patient" under the care of Mass DCF."

I repeat, the one thing WE who do not live in Mass can do is make sure the story does not die the way they want it to.

And BTW, I couldn't care less what your opinion is. This is not about politics, this is about human rights and exposing this as the child abuse it is.

• Like 1

"And BTW, I couldn't care less what your opinion is. This is not about politics, this is about human rights and exposing this as the child abuse it is."

and I couldn't care less what your opinion about my opinion is.

you have posted dozens+++ of times a thread/response on chat that was political.

how many times to you get to violate chat terms before you are censored?

The way I see it is that this is a private forum created and owned by Eric, assume you made some payments to Eric those were donations not membership fees. Nothing gives you the right to dictate how it is being run

Eric owns the board and KC is his majordomo. The only one here who could censor her is Eric. Maybe if you ask nicely Eric will set up a forum for "SCL approved posts". The only comments KC should get are thank you's for all the work and time this takes from her life.

I appreciate the "attempt" to keep political posts separate but too many times the lines get blurred. When I don't like a post or its heading then I skip it, I don't complain about it being here. I like the humorous posts and don't like the spring flower ones, so what, someone else will like the flower talk and not the humor.

this forum is a nice tool to share tax ideas, work on problems, discuss political issues that affect taxes and some that don't. its a great diversion while taking a little break or printing a return. Its not a cch forum that is dedicated solely to taxes.

I can't believe all I learned here which is something I planed on posting after tax season but will post now.

Being on the "gold coast" of long island its easy to get very jaded. My associates, my clients and most friends and family are from around here. What I have learned is that this is a big country with such varied social and economic differences. I love guns for self-protection, I train in martial arts and petkiti-tirsia knife fighting but except for a "few" cop friends most think I am crazy. When I read all of those here from across the country who defend gun ownership I see I am not alone. When I first saw some posts here about people raising fees $5 or others whose clients complained over small increases, when I see people here talking about the cost of toner or paper, or see others worried about depreciating $100 items I used to roll my eyes but I have learned here that while $100 here is nothing, not even a movie night out, for others it is a very significant amount. I couldn't pay my rent or eat around here if I charged what some of you charge but, you charge what makes sense for your area. Even a simple rental house around here starts at over $500,000 so to me, capitalizing anything under $5000 [in most cases] would be ridiculous. its just a different way of looking at things.

I think I pay more for health insurance for my employees [$25,000} here than some of you earn, but that's not a slight, its just an economic geographic thing that I learned here. Being here you get used to big numbers but I learned that they are not normal nor universal. I bet many of you don't have to pay $20 for a sandwich but because I do, I found it hard to understand some of your posts but I am glad to have learned to look at things more universally.

ok, I rambled enough after 5 hours of sleep each of the last 3 night.

• Like 8

"And BTW, I couldn't care less what your opinion is. This is not about politics, this is about human rights and exposing this as the child abuse it is."

and I couldn't care less what your opinion about my opinion is.

you have posted dozens+++ of times a thread/response on chat that was political.

Copied...

The way I see it is that this is a private forum created and owned by Eric, assume you made some payments to Eric those were donations not membership fees. Nothing gives you the right to dictate how it is being run

Eric owns the board and KC is his majordomo. The only one here who could censor her is Eric. Maybe if you ask nicely Eric will set up a forum for "SCL approved posts". The only comments KC should get are thank you's for all the work and time this takes from her life.

Thank You michaelmars...

SCL, no one was talking about politics in this thread until YOU brought it up. When purely political posts are made here in general chat, or when topics here turn into political discussions, they are being moved.

KC posted this in general chat for the humanitarian aspects of the case and it was clearly marked N/T. If you don't like that, feel free to skip over it, but please stop your personal attacks on KC. They are not welcome here.

Anyone care to get back to the topic of Justine Pelletier?

• Like 1

Well, I haven't had my say completely so I'm going to waste a little more of my time and answer SCL again.

SCL, you don't get to question KC here. She is the moderator that Eric chose at the very inception of this forum to lead the group, and she is a big part of why many people stay. Eric recognized that she is a kind, generous, and level headed person, and a knowledgeable professional willing to help anyone here that is in need. She has shown that time and time again, including during the extended periods of personal struggle first with her husband's illness and passing and then with her own medical issues, that she is here for us any time one of us asks. Some of the newer folks may not have been aware of some of that, but that proves that there is no one more dedicated to this forum than KC has been and continues to be.

I have personally benefited from her advice when no one else had answered, and she also patiently answered me during a time when we were actively disagreeing on issues. To me, that exemplifies the kind and generous person that she is, that she can put personal feelings aside to help a fellow practitioner.

KC and a handful of others, and of course Eric, are the core group that holds this forum together year round that have my respect and my thanks.

You joined a few days after the forum was created too, so this information shouldn't be anything new to you. I do wonder why anyone would continue to come here for years when one finds the slant or tone of this forum to be so distasteful, and since that is clearly the case with you, I really wish you would leave. We don't need your continual antagonistic posts that add nothing of value.

• Like 4

Well, I haven't had my say completely so I'm going to waste a little more of my time and answer SCL again.

SCL, you don't get to question KC here. She is the moderator that Eric chose at the very inception of this forum to lead the group, and she is a big part of why many people stay. Eric recognized that she is a kind, generous, and level headed person, and a knowledgeable professional willing to help anyone here that is in need. She has shown that time and time again, including during the extended periods of personal struggle first with her husband's illness and passing and then with her own medical issues, that she is here for us any time one of us asks. Some of the newer folks may not have been aware of some of that, but that proves that there is no one more dedicated to this forum than KC has been and continues to be.

I have personally benefited from her advice when no one else had answered, and she also patiently answered me during a time when we were actively disagreeing on issues. To me, that exemplifies the kind and generous person that she is, that she can put personal feelings aside to help a fellow practitioner.

KC and a handful of others, and of course Eric, are the core group that holds this forum together year round that have my respect and my thanks.

You joined a few days after the forum was created too, so this information shouldn't be anything new to you. I do wonder why anyone would continue to come here for years when one finds the slant or tone of this forum to be so distasteful, and since that is clearly the case with you, I really wish you would leave. We don't need your continual antagonistic posts that add nothing of value.

wow I was putting together a response very similar. Being a member since 2007 when this site was born, I have the greatest respect for KC and although she and I have bumped heads a few times, I still respect the choice that Eric made to make her moderator.

I cannot say it any better than Judy just did and echo her sentiments completely.

• Like 1

i have no problem with tax and program issues on this forum. I welcome it and want more of it.

i do have a problem with hysterical demagogues who would suppress free speech.

i do have a problem with the forum becoming (to a greater or lesser degree/you make the call) a social media/political forum whose rules of engagement are substantially influenced and determined by a right wing clique...a clique who want to live on a one way street of opinion defined by their own point of view.

if a substantial portion of this forum is to be devoted to social/political questions, then recognize it.

i like social/political discussion.

but, there needs to an understanding that a social/political blog is a two way street of opinion/argument.

i have no problem with tax and program issues on this forum. I welcome it and want more of it.

i do have a problem with hysterical demagogues who would suppress free speech.

i do have a problem with the forum becoming (to a greater or lesser degree/you make the call) a social media/political forum whose rules of engagement are substantially influenced and determined by a right wing clique...a clique who want to live on a one way street of opinion defined by their own point of view.

if a substantial portion of this forum is to be devoted to social/political questions, then recognize it.

i like social/political discussion.

but, there needs to an understanding that a social/political blog is a two way street of opinion/argument.

No one is hysterical here, there isn't a substantial amount devoted to politics, and no one is suppressing your freedom of speech.

Within the general chat, non tax posts are clearly marked so that you may avoid those if you consider them a waste of your time.

If you don't like the tone or slant of the politics here, you may

1. completely avoid that forum altogether since it is separated out,
  2. join in the political discussions by posting your rebuttals in the topics made by others,
  3. start your own topics with your point of view

No one is forcing you to visit the politics forum or open any topic you don't want to see. No one is even forcing you to come here if you dislike this site so much. You complain about the politics, and yet when I look at the topics you've posted in since the beginning of 2014, I see that just over 1/3 of those are in the politics forum. You either like it here or you don't. If you do choose to continue to come here and participate, please stop the whining, complaining, and especially the KC bashing. You've been doing it for years, and it is tiresome.

Do you attend a party hosted by someone you strongly dislike, and upon your arrival do you announce to all the other guests your dislike for the host, the home's decor, and the food being served? Do you stay at the party, pick at the food, spit on the other guests? How long do you think it would be before you were asked to leave?

• Like 2