ATX Community

NT - this year its the tax season 20 instead of the tax season 10

schirallicpa

Has it been a bad winter or what. I always put on a couple pounds during these months - sitting on my fanny so many hours.

But this year is worse than ever. That many more lunches ordered in. That many more exercise sessions skipped. That many more walks not taken. It has been sooooo cold for soooo long, that I have hardly been out.

I personally don't want it to get warm too soon. I need my sweaters to hide in for a while....... :wacko:

Only to be given a box of Niagara chocolate bars to "sell" for a fund-raiser this morning.

• Like 1

I'm usually a very healthy eater and very disciplined at exercise. From March 15th until April 15th, I experience a drastic personality shift, and I eat things I wouldn't even consider touching the other 11 months of the year.

My husband and son haven't had a decent meal in 3 weeks :(.

• Like 1

I have clothes baskets sitting around in every stage of needing to be washed, just washed, need to hang in basement, need to put in dryer, need to empty dryer to make room for more, need to fold and (never get put away). Food is optional at best. Hampers are running over in spite of the above. We just ran out of buy one, get one free coupons at Denny's so those quick lunches will end. A family funeral next Saturday will put a big crimp in things, but I don't think the deceased did it on purpose. Didn't even get beyond sweats today. Sunday's are the best day to get work done. I even called one client to come down and pick his up. He doesn't live far and I needed signature so he came right down, signed and brought cash. Still have appointments all this week. As I said before, I started to turn new clients away on Friday unless they were willing to go on extension. Ah, life is good. :dunno:

• Like 3

Steve says you just wanted a reason to get out of the house (buy a hamper)

My dishwasher broke and the septic froze up - with employees and pumping 1x every 8-10 days - not washing anything!

Not planning to eat out after lunch today until the 16th - nose to the keyboard!

I don't know how I managed it, but I cooked most of the time, take out once a week. I tried to make things that were in large enough quantity to last a second day, then fill in with simple meals that I could throw in the oven that cook themselves or a quick breakfast meal one night. I also cook for 2 of the dogs that are old and in the early stages of kidney failure. They have other issues and can't take the meds, so custom home cooked diet has helped tremendously. At the beginning of March I made a month's worth for both of them. Tonight I'm finishing 2 more weeks for each....still have to cook lots of sweet potatoes and portion them out.

• Like 3

Steve says you just wanted a reason to get out of the house (buy a hamper)

My dishwasher broke and the septic froze up - with employees and pumping 1x every 8-10 days - not washing anything!

Not planning to eat out after lunch today until the 16th - nose to the keyboard!

Steve just might be right! We have to keep water running at all times to prevent frozen lines. Is turning bathroom sink orange. I had a chance to go out to eat today, but as I said Sundays are the best day to get constructive work done. It is so quiet around here. Actually, we did get to Menards right after they opened as they had peaches for 50 cents a can. We can now live on peaches this week.

I have clothes baskets sitting around in every stage of needing to be washed, just washed, need to hang in basement, need to put in dryer, need to empty dryer to make room for more, need to fold and (never get put away).

I got home Saturday night about nine, and my 21-year-old son, home from college, had done five loads of laundry. All mine.

Me: Thank you, honey, I haven't done it in a while, eh?

David: Mom. Please tell me you are wearing underwear.

• Like 8