ATX Community

Yep, he sure did

RitaB

Engineer who spent four days trying to do his return before handing it over, pays $19700 in investment fees, picked up last week, comes in today to give me the signed e-file authorization, and ask / say:
1) What is the $336 on Sch A for medical? I know we don’t get anything for that, but can you take it
off?
MC premiums on your wife’s disability.
Oh, are insurance premiums deductible?
2) You only gave me one copy of the return, I will need one for myself.
See this e-file authorization you signed? You, uh, authorized me to e-file. That’s your copy of
the tax return. Also says here on the letter, that I will e-file it. You know, when you give me the
signed e-file authorization.
3) Hey, are you cooking something? Smells real hot.
4) Hey, I will get more bang for my buck on the 19,700 investment fees next year cause my
deductions won’t be limited and I will only have $100,000 AGI.
I may look calm, but I have killed three people in my head today.
  • Like 6

Engineer who spent four days trying to do his return before handing it over, pays $19700 in investment fees, picked up last week, comes in today to give me the signed e-file authorization, and ask / say:
1) What is the $336 on Sch A for medical? I know we don’t get anything for that, but can you take it
off?
MC premiums on your wife’s disability.
Oh, are insurance premiums deductible?
2) You only gave me one copy, I will need one for myself.
See this e-file authorization you signed? You, uh, authorized me to e-file. That’s your copy of
the tax return. Also says here on the letter, that I will e-file it. You know, when you give me the
signed e-file authorization.
3) Hey, are you cooking something? Smells real hot.
4) Hey, I will get more bang for my buck on the 19,700 investment fees next year cause my
deductions won’t be limited and I will only have $100,000 AGI.
I may look calm, but I have killed three people in my head today.

I had "My Engineer" tell me that I made an "error" last year with only applying his $5,200 Investment Fees on Sch A, subject to the 2% limit. His "Broker" told him he could write it off to ST Loss on Schedule D if he was at the Schedule A Limit. Would I be so kind as to Amend.. NOT, I did ask on here about that as I never heard of that before, maybe my brain was fried.. Not my imagination, but his "broker" sure is trying to pull a fast one.

Rita, you have the patience of a saint!! How did you not smack him upside the head with his tax return?

• Like 2

Rita, you have the patience of a saint!! How did you not smack him upside the head with his tax return?

He's actually very nice, just has no idea how busy I am, like all our clients. I really was stunned that he thought he was mailing his return. I mean, what did he think "e-file authorization" meant? I'm crying from laughing now. Between bites of chicken jerky. Anybody got any Visine?

• Like 3

The "broker" told him to take the investment fees to the Schd D?

Wow.

That's malpractice right there.

I just sent 2 trust returns out with $2.5m under management, and 40K in investment fees, and the accounts did not even cover that in income.

I told the client to roll all the money out into a CD and make more money...

Seesh.

I raised my fee on them also.

;)

Rich

• Like 2

He's actually very nice, just has no idea how busy I am, like all our clients. I really was stunned that he thought he was mailing his return. I mean, what did he think "e-file authorization" meant? I'm crying from laughing now. Between bites of chicken jerky. Anybody got any Visine?

Side order of smoke in your eyes?

• Like 1