ATX Community

IRS 2014 ACA Webinar -- link to sign up (Webinar Wed. Sept . 17, 2014

easytax

I have not done one of these before. How are they? Are they worth the time?  How do you do them?

They are decent, but sometimes boring.  You just log in as instructed.  You are pre-registered.  You sit in front of your computer and take notes.  I really thought that this one was necessary as we know so little.  Have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

Is anybody else getting an error message about installing Windows Media Player when they sign up?  I've tried it from 3 different computers (2 PCs and a Mac), all of which have Media Player installed (or Flip4Mac so that QuickTime on the Mac can read the Media Player files).  Granted, I never use Media Player so I had to configure the version that was already installed on one of the PCs.  But even after that the registration website says it's missing.  I've spent more time on this than the 1 hour the seminar will even last.  Grrr.

I tried the link from Firefox and Chrome. In Firefox it says it requires the player. In Chrome it seems OK but when you check the details, it says It can't verify the presence of Media Player from Chrome.

Thanks for the tip about Flash. I'll try that when the Webinar starts.

IRS uses Flash to produce their webinars. Go to www.adobe.com and download the latest version of Flash. It is a free download. It will NOT HARM your computer. Once the latest version of Flash is installed, you will be able to view the webinar with Internet Explorer. I have used Internet Explorer since its inceptions and have not experienced any of the major "flaws and issues" that have been purported to be inherent with it.

Make sure that you have upgraded to IE11 and have installed all Microsoft updates.

• Like 1