ATX Community

2014 W-2 code DD still under transitional relief?

jklcpa

Just to ask a very simple question to make sure I didn't completely miss something obvious -

Am I correct that employers that filed fewer than 250 W-2s for 2013 are still under the transitional relief that allows those employers to not have to report the cost of employer-provided health insurance on the 2014 form W-2s, code DD?

For certain employers, types of coverage and situations, there is transition relief from the requirement to report the value of coverage beginning with the 2012 Forms W-2. This transition relief applies to the 2013 Forms W-2 and will continue to apply to future calendar years until the IRS publishes additional guidance. (Note: employers generally are required to provide employees with the 2013 Forms W-2 in January 2014.) Any guidance that expands the reporting requirements will apply only to calendar years that start at least six months after the guidance is issued. See the “Optional Reporting” column in the below chart for the employers, types of coverage, and situations eligible for the transition relief.

http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-Act/Form-W-2-Reporting-of-Employer-Sponsored-Health-Coverage

• Like 2

Thanks, Jack.  I knew it was a simple question, and I did find that. I wanted to be sure I didn't miss some update on another page or published elsewhere.

I admit to not thinking too clearly these days. I was very ill for a week after Thanksgiving and can't seem to shake the last of it.  I think I had a few good days in mid-December, the rest have been a struggle.  This is not the way I like to feel going into the season.  Ugh!

• Like 1

Thanks, Jack.  I knew it was a simple question, and I did find that. I wanted to be sure I didn't miss some update on another page or published elsewhere.

I admit to not thinking too clearly these days. I was very ill for a week after Thanksgiving and can't seem to shake the last of it.  I think I had a few good days in mid-December, the rest have been a struggle.  This is not the way I like to feel going into the season.  Ugh!

More soup for you!

• Like 4