ATX Community

NT - why i should have sold my business last year

frazzled

Used to have hubby deposit for me; he's semi-retired and always has errands taking him into town.  (I live in the boonies; nearest town is 20 minutes one way in good weather.)  I had a client complain that I should charge less, because I hadn't cashed his check for a few days so must not need the money!  Now, I deposit immediately via the app.  Hubby's been depositing our personal checks that way, also; so he doesn't need to go into the bank any more.

• Like 1

Used to have hubby deposit for me; he's semi-retired and always has errands taking him into town.  (I live in the boonies; nearest town is 20 minutes one way in good weather.)  I had a client complain that I should charge less, because I hadn't cashed his check for a few days so must not need the money!  Now, I deposit immediately via the app.  Hubby's been depositing our personal checks that way, also; so he doesn't need to go into the bank any more.

That is grounds for being fired!!!

• Like 4

You should be charging more because you don't have the time to go to the bank!

• Like 1

Frazzled, hugs to you. I really feel for you. Please take some time to relax and do anything that might help you to feel better. It is so good that we have this board to come and talk to our friends. I know that there are days that I would just go nuts if I couldn't come here and read about people's lives and how they are dealing with tax season and the changes. This is a bad season and I don't know if it will ever get better. I try and think about what else I could do, but who the heck is going to hire me? I've been on my own for over 20 years and around here, employers don't especially look kindly on self-employed people. I need the flexibility of this job because of having to take care of so many family members, so I am thankful for that. 

Take care and make sure to come here and vent.

• Like 5

Yeah, he's gone now.  A check didn't clear one time, so he was not accepted back!

A client brought me lunch, her homemade curried pumpkin soup and fritatta and salad and biscotti.  I didn't really have the time to visit with her, but it was a nice interlude, I didn't have to drive anyplace in the ice and snow, and I hope it's left me refreshed and ready to dive back in.

• Like 4

I just took a couple of hours off to mow my lawn, or what passes for a lawn. Feels good to have gone outdoors and done something. Now I probably have another month grace period before anyone will think of calling code enforcement.

For all of you who still are in the deep freeze, there's a reason I live in California!

• Like 2

I just took a couple of hours off to mow my lawn, or what passes for a lawn. Feels good to have gone outdoors and done something. Now I probably have another month grace period before anyone will think of calling code enforcement.

For all of you who still are in the deep freeze, there's a reason I live in California!

Now that was just not nice!  I just checked the temp here - minus 4.  :)

Anyway - I am glad we are all different.  I would never survive in California.  I love the four seasons.  And I love things like this:  at church yesterday, I was talking to an older gentleman.  And he says "we live about three miles apart.  We are like next door neighbors."  I would not trade that for ALL of California - but I am glad you like it there.

That said, I do know about mowing grass in February - I did live in Texas for 11 years.

• Like 5

Started at minus 19 today and made it all the way up to plus 25.  And if the prognosticators are correct, we could very well see 38 degrees on Sunday with an 80% chance of "wintry mix".  What the heck is wintry mix - it almost sounds like a drink.

You might wish you had a drink when it hits there.  We made it up to +24 today and is now +13.  They are predicting "something" for this weekend. 

• Like 2