ATX Community

NT - why i should have sold my business last year

frazzled

These are the top ten reasons I should have got out last year:

1.  Wouldn't have had to try to operate without my well seasoned administrative assistant.

2. Tangible repair regs

3.  late tax legislation (again)

4.  ACA

5.  Wouldn't have come in to a flooded office...

6.  ...after having heard about a friends suicide and trying to mentally deal with that.

7.  Form 3115

8.  Wouldn't have had to scramble to get my parking lot plowed (after being closed 2 days due to the flooded office), because my guy never showed and his number now belongs to someone with limited English skills.

9.  My back wouldn't have went out while trying to clean the flooded office...

10. Less stress - and more sleep

Thanks for listening to me cry. it has been a very tough week 

Edited by frazzled
  • Like 7

Wow. That sucks. Hope you get some breaks soon. Sending you positive energy! And hugs!

Hugs to Frazzled.  You are always such a positive person on this board; and seeing your smiling face is such a joy.  I think of you often; every time I use one of the e-file stickers that you so graciously sent me a few years ago.  I am nearly out and having a gal make me some more; but I will never forget that kindness.  The warm arms of this community are holding you tight.

• Like 4

Hey, Frazzled, do you have those stickers electronically?  Is it a file that you print out on labels?  Since the IRS no long prints their e-file stickers, I am down to my last 12.  I'd love to have a copy of your file, if stored that way.  If so, can you post it here?  I think I just added to your stress.  Feel free to include a few bad words on some of the stickers!

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the hugs and prayers, they sure mean a lot.

Sorry, Lion. You are outta luck. No electronic copy. Try a local printer. They should be able to print some for you.

Rich, I may still breakdown and sell to one of the big guys after the season ends.  But probably not. Hopefully after a good post season de-stress session, I will feel better. I planned to do this job until I died.  But I will seriously entertain the idea of selling. Maybe I will stumble across a new career opportunity in the off season.

I just cannot believe how burnt out I am, especially, so early in the season. I feel like crawling into a dark, quiet cave for awhile (maybe not, now i feel claustrophobic).

• Like 4

I just cannot believe how burnt out I am, especially, so early in the season. I feel like crawling into a dark, quiet cave for awhile (maybe not, now i feel claustrophobic).

I think that many of us feel that way already.  I know that I am having a very teary (teardrops) day today..  Just don't anybody look at me the wrong way.  I just want to get in my car and go somewhere, but really have no place that I want to go.  How erratic is that?  I feel sorry for any one person who calls today to see if their return is done yet!!!!! :wacko:

• Like 4

I am overwhelmed.  Blew off Valentine's Day with hubby.  He said, "Not even an e-card?!"  So, we compared calendars and decided yesterday/Friday was doable.  It meant working until 5 a.m. yesterday, but we were able to leave at noon to go to a different town, had a leisurely lunch, shopped a bit in the cold at a bookstore, chocolate shop (fudge), and jewelry designer's retail shop where hubby bought me a necklace/earrings.  Were home by 6 p.m. and I worked some more.  Feel a bit more behind, but a lot less cranky!  And, three more dropped off today.

• Like 2

I posted the other day that I constantly battle the feeling of being overwhelmed.  I imagine we all feel that way,  And I also imagine we all have that proverbial monkey jump on our back at least one time during tax season.  It happened to me Thursday.  That is about 20 to 30 days sooner than normal - and it is down right scary.  Thursday afternoon I completely zoned out for almost three hours.  I keep a daily time sheet and there is a block of time that I do not know what I did.  For all I know, I could have taken an extended nap at my desk.  I do know that it felt like I was walking and moving in cement.  I attribute the early hour of that coming on to all of this nonsensical stuff the government is forcing on us.  I am taking a very hard look after April and at a minimum I am thinking I am going to hire a very competent person to take the bulk of my load and I will come to the office two to three days per week during the off season and three to four days per week during tax season.  I am very ready to start moving toward retirement. 

• Like 4

I have high energy days and days where I collapse on the couch for a nap by 3pm (and I don't start work until 11am at the earliest). Today I thought I was high energy, but now that the last of nonstop clients have left, the couch is calling. I haven't even deposited checks for a week!

• Like 2

Hubby was doing it with our personal account before I was willing to try it for my business account.  Now it's faster than filling out a deposit ticket.  The bank emails me that they received it and then emails me their acceptance.  Plus, I can access my account via the same app or at my desk on my computer to see the deposit into my account, also.  What was for dinner?

Edited by Lion EA

3 hours later, I awake. Dinner, bank, grocery store. Back to the salt mines.

I don't quite trust the 'take a picture of the check' thing.

Try it.  I'll bet you'll like it.  Once you transmit, it's essentially the same as a teller deposit without having to leave your office.  You hold onto the check for 5 days, so if anything goes wrong you can take the paper check to the bank and they will handle it the normal way.  But feeding the ATM is also handy when you have more than 4 or 5 to deposit at one time. 

Edited by JohnH