ATX Community

It's actually more

rfassett

Or "what did we claim last year?".

As though that had any bearing on this year...

While it is never any of the folks who use that phrase, I have a number of people who come awfully darned close to the same amount to charity year after year.  With receipts to back them up.

Edited by Catherine
  • Like 2

While it is never any of the folks who use that phrase, I have a number of people who come awfully darned close to the same amount to charity year after year.  With receipts to back them up.

I have a monthly auto deduct for two charities. Yep, mine are the same year after year...

Receipts and mileage logs are a rare thing for those that claim large donations.  But, receipts and mileage logs make me smile as it shows legitimacy.

I've settled the "guessing" and uncertainty for my clients in such things as contributions. Each year I take Post It notes and write various figures on them. I then stick them on my ceiling. At least this way, they have something to go by when they gaze up at the ceiling when asked for various amounts such as contributions! ????

• Like 5

$200 cash

$500 other

year after year after year........

Most of mine are now trained to give an itemized list of goods to substantiate the non-cash deductions.  Last year, I can't tell you how many clients I handed a copy of Page 4-2 of TTB and had them go home and work up a list.  Only had one this year.