ATX Community

It's actually less

RitaB

Guy in here whining because his insurance cost $467 a month.

Me: It actually cost $210, didn't it? Your subsidy was $257?

You gotta get up preeetty early to get that past tax preparers, people.

I think I would enjoy it more if you said:

"AND you have to return some of the advance payments... because based on your salary they should have helped you only with $10 per month".

• Like 4

I think I would enjoy it more if you said:

"AND you have to return some of the advance payments... because based on your salary they should have helped you only with $10 per month".

I am finding more and more of these.  Not happy campers!

• Like 2

Guy in here whining because his insurance cost $467 a month.

Me: It actually cost $210, didn't it? Your subsidy was $257?

You gotta get up preeetty early to get that past tax preparers, people.

What he really meant was:

"It should only cost $260 a month.

Then with my $257 subsidy, I'd be paying the difference. 

I think everybody should pay their way on this thing, and I'm willing to come up with my $3 fair share."

Edited by JohnH
  • Like 4

WARNING **** Political commentary coming.

TP & Spouse come in.  Have the 1095A in their stack.  No insurance first 2 months.  Covered CA for the rest of the year.  $1427 per month premium.  $1103 subsidy.  Do the reconciliation.  They have to pay back $1090.  Actually a very good result.  Their take:

"That stupid Obama took $1090 of my refund.  I thought it was supposed to make things better".

Then I show them my fee for the additional forms.  Their take:

"You mean I have to pay you more so that you can tell Obama how much of my refund to take?"

My take in my head:  "At least you are blaming Obama for this mess.  And I am not going to try to convince you otherwise.  Besides, you got a $1427 per month policy for about $500 per month.  Go ahead and get pissed at Obama.  I get more money and I get to sit and listen to you trash the guy who thinks he just helped you out and does not understand that you are pissed at him.  This is a win-win for me"

Tom

Newark, CA

• Like 7

"I feel so very privileged that our government has bestowed upon me, the privilege of enforcing their wonderful insurance laws."  "I did not seek out nor ask for this position."  "This privilege has required me to spend many hours and thousands of dollars to become knowledgeable about how to do this enforcement for the next 5 years."  "Therefore, costs for me to enforce the insurance laws must be passed on to the people whom the law is being enforced upon."

I have this memorized to the letter.  It stops the complainers in their tracks.

• Like 3

"This privilege has required me to spend many hours and thousands of dollars to become knowledgeable about how to do this enforcement for the next 5 years."

I have this memorized to the letter.  It stops the complainers in their tracks.

Seriously? Are you for real?

Yeah, it stopped me dead in my tracks too that you say you spent thousands of dollars on this training.  Goodness, you can purchase an unlimited webinar package from Surgent McCoy right now for $649 that will give you access to hundreds of live-presentation courses. 

For almost 2 full years now, I have been studying at seminars for several different venues.  Getting training from only one source will not get all the information.  And, webinars, while a good way to learn, are very lame in the ability to interact, ask questions and the ability to interface with other professionals taking the course.

I stand fully behind my statement.

Add to that the fact that the IRS keeps making major changes mid-stream about all this crap...

• Like 2

Tell me, Judy, do you not consider the dollar value of the TIME spent on the studying?  I'm pretty sure that's what Jack is adding to the cost of the materials he's invested in.

But don't try to deduct the value of your time on your tax return. Tax tip of the day. ;)

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 4

YES IT DOES!!!!!  That sounds exactly like Rita!

Love ya girl.

Well, I love everybody right now! Just finished the return of the biggest PITA client in the history of the world. Ever. Has a daughter-in-law who's an EA, and a son who's a CPA, and you know that feeling when somebody tells you what you can do on the return? Yeah, that feeling. Lean into it with me. And yeah, recall that feeling when you resist the urge to say, "Now why the hell am I doing your return again?"

Yippee, I made it thru another year of not saying that to her. Go me!

• Like 6

Well, I love everybody right now! Just finished the return of the biggest PITA client in the history of the world. Ever. Has a daughter-in-law who's an EA, and a son who's a CPA, and you know that feeling when somebody tells you what you can do on the return? Yeah, that feeling. Lean into it with me. And yeah, recall that feeling when you resist the urge to say, "Now why the hell am I doing your return again?"

Yippee, I made it thru another year of not saying that to her. Go me!

Wow - bless your heart!  I do not believe I would touch that one.  When the client comes in pretending to know more than I do, it is time for us to part company.  Not that I am all that smart - but they are paying me to know more than they do.  Wow!!!  Go have an ice tea girl!

• Like 3

Wow - bless your heart!  I do not believe I would touch that one.  When the client comes in pretending to know more than I do, it is time for us to part company.

Eh, she just thinks her daughter-in-law and son know more than me. And I put up with that because two universities need my tuition dollars. That will not last forever. Then the daughter-in-law will get to feel my pain.

• Like 3

Eh, she just thinks her daughter-in-law and son know more than me. And I put up with that because two universities need my tuition dollars. That will not last forever. Then the daughter-in-law will get to feel my pain.

I was under the mis-informed impression that slavery had been outlawed - until I was in the position you find yourself and reality set in.  Better days are coming Rita - if you can survive the tide.  Frankly, I worked 105 hours per week during the past ten or so tax seasons for very similar reasons.  Those reasons don't exist anymore and I am getting by with 80 hours per week.  There will be a lot more extensions, but frankly my dear.............

Glad that one is behind you!

• Like 4