ATX Community

NT / Everytime there is an update

RitaB

Everytime there is an update, it takes me forever to figure out how to see the top of the ATX page again. No, it's not an emergency. Yes, I am drawing a blank and might go to the mailbox and never come back.

Nevermind, got it, don't ask me how. I don't even know. Grrrrrr.

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 1

Well, you should maybe go anyway to pick up that Publisher's Clearing House valuable sweepstakes entry so you can win, retire, and go diving with me!

OK, but I'll keep it on the down low, cause if I don't it'll be just like when you're ten and you open a pack of gum: BAM! Thirty-two instant friends...

• Like 3

OK, but I'll keep it on the down low, cause if I don't it'll be just like when you're ten and you open a pack of gum: BAM! Thirty-two instant friends...

Am I numbered among the 32?  Well, never mind, I should know better than to ask questions to which I might not like the answer.

As to the update, I ran it as soon as it was announced on my screen because I was between returns.  After the update, I opened the program and it was in that middle size thing.  I maximized the screen and everything was fine.  I do have a three monitor set up in portrait mode, however.  That might make a difference.

• Like 1

I maximized the screen and everything was fine.

Yeah, that's whacha gotta do, but it takes me forever to figure out how to see the box. It's torture and I'm telling you, I almost went to the mailbox this time. A girl can only take so much.

• Like 1

Since I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm guessing you don't run ATX maximized?

I run maximized and I know what they are talking about. Luckily for me, my assistant ran the updates before I dragged my butt out of bed, and she managed to fix it so i wouldn't have even known it updated except the notes were on the screen.

When I process updates, both here at home and at the firm, nothing on the screens or settings change.  What am I doing wrong?

It really is a non-issue.  All you have to do is maximize the screen once.  It isn't just ATX.  It happens when you update windows and sometimes when you run a scan.  Click maximize, all done!!!!!

• Like 1

It really is a non-issue.  All you have to do is maximize the screen once.  It isn't just ATX.  It happens when you update windows and sometimes when you run a scan.  Click maximize, all done!!!!!

That is a Windows trait.  I just do the maximize without thinking.  I would not have even considered that an error.  Windows does that sometimes when you just reboot.  You are correct.  One click and Warp Factor 8 Mr. Sulu!!

• Like 1

Y'all ain't listenin to me and Joan and Margaret. The top of the ATX doohickey is up there in the Twilight Zone off the screen and we gotta fish around for it. Not to get all technical or anything.

OMG will this day ever end? I was gonna get eight returns done. Only seven to go!

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 4

Y'all ain't listenin to me and Joan and Margaret. The top of the ATX doohickey is up there in the Twilight Zone off the screen and we gotta fish around for it. Not to get all technical or anything.

OMG will this day ever end? I was gonna get eight returns done. Only seven to go!

Put your cursor in the colored bar at the top of the small page.  Now hold down the left click button and drag it over till you can see the maximize icon. 

• Like 1

Alt-Space

M

Press down arrow until it's on the screen.

And, yes I wish ATX would not reset all my window sizes and positions every time there's an update! I have to resize my print window and my communication manager window.

And I still think if you were running ATX maximized, and not resized, you would not have this problem. Unless it's an issue with windows 7.

• Like 1

Alt-Space

M

Press down arrow until it's on the screen.

And, yes I wish ATX would not reset all my window sizes and positions every time there's an update! I have to resize my print window and my communication manager window.

And I still think if you were running ATX maximized, and not resized, you would not have this problem. Unless it's an issue with windows 7.

It is a Windows trait. 

• Like 2