ATX Community

The tax season selfie

jklcpa

Today was very annoying and I won't get into the details. Let's just say that this might have been me talking to a client:

post-121-0-09624500-1428622100_thumb.jpg

and this one of me contemplating his extension:

post-121-0-06926900-1428622338_thumb.jpg

^ That one is available for purchase on the internet.  I might have to buy it for my office for several reasons, one of which is that the movie is a classic and a favorite of mine.

• Like 6

Wicked Witch of the West (WWW) to Dorothy   "You will pay your estimated taxes my pretty.....and your little dog too!"

Castle Guards singing while marching "  O E O..... Pay the estimates....O E O....Pay the estimates"

WWW to the monkeys "Fly.... and go get that mileage log.   Kill anyone you have to, but bring me back that mileage log....in tack."

WWW to Dorothy in the castle try to get off the ruby slippers "How will we get your Employee Business Expenses out of you?  This must be done DEL..I...CATE..LY.  You have one hour!!!!!!  When the sand runs out, so does your appointment time."

Obama as the Castle Guard to the republicans in congress as Dorothy.... "You killed her" 

Dorothy "I didn't mean to, I was just after Lois Lerner.  If she would have just testified, I would not have thrown a bucket of budget cuts at her"

There is so much more that could go with that movie and taxes.  Oh, what a wonderful post to start the last few days of tax season.

Tom

Newark, CA

• Like 5

I'm almost done!  I have 4 ready for pickup on Mon/Tues, and 3 others on extension. Of the extensions, all are finished and ready for p/u shortly after the 15th except for one procrastinator promises to bring me data sometime soon.

That leaves one partnership for my brothers' business and their two personal returns.  All of their bookkeeping is done except for the 46 assets to scrub from the depreciation schedule and fill out the 3115.  THAT is why it is last.

On Wed I will be feeling like this:

post-121-0-25439400-1428783332_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yep, the kid that moved out of his parent's CT house into NY in 2013, then moved to NJ during 2014.  Still hasn't emailed me back to tell me how the dates of residency break out and if his work locations changed.  And, his brother changed colleges into RI and worked a tiny bit while there.  And, a partnership included their personal returns this year "because we don't have time to do them on TT this year."  And, the new guy has a NJ S-corp with one pay stub but no W-2 or K-1.  And, another client works in her father's church and has only a pay stub.  And, there was a schema error in another kid's OH return for his tiny job while at college.  These Fairfield County kids are so rich that they don't have to work, so why do they work while out of state at college?!  Some of them have more state returns than their commuter parents.  And the man who promised me his trust had been dissolved; well, it still has one brokerage account and needs me to prep the 1041 before I can prep his 1040.  And, the couple that absolutely must file on time due to an IA (I know, but I can't convince her otherwise; they have good w/h).  And, the guy who gave me his stuff, and I find it includes a trust due to his wife's death.  And, spring break is next week, so the calls started coming in Friday that people are leaving for vacation and wanted to pick up their returns today.  I am so tired.  Hubby went up to the Hartford area to visit with his daughter, go out to dinner, attend her concert.  I really wish I could go, but even if I had I would fallen asleep listening to music.  This is the first year that I haven't been counting, because the stack is so visually imposing that I don't want to know.  Now to calculate some extension payments....

• Like 4

I hear ya, and I would be in that same boat if I didn't torture myself extra over the last 2 weeks working until 2-3 am and surviving on about 5 hrs sleep each night. Yesterday I was forced to take a short break because I was starting to feel dizzy.  I try very hard to finish a day or more ahead because I don't like working extremely close to the deadline in case of some unexpected event like losing power or some equipment failure. 

Too bad I can't fly my broom around and help you all out with yours, but I'll be on here to help with last minute questions when I'm able.  :)

• Like 5

My bedtime has gotten up to 6 a.m.  I try to sleep at least four hours/night, well hours/day, because I use a CPAP machine and Medicare won't pay for it unless I'm 97% compliant.  But, I'm slowing down and having to do things twice.  Hubby's gone for the evening, so it's quiet.  The reason I'm working all night and then sleeping in the morning is that I do get more done without the phone ringing and without retired hubby walking into my office.  I have a guest room, Judy.  But, I'll be almost as happy with you on here researching these odd ones that are our latecomers, or the ones we left for last since we really didn't like the looks of them.  Thank you, Judy, for all you do.  And, a huge THANK YOU to all who jump in with help, answers, cites, encouragement, short-cuts, laughs, and all the things that make up my favorite virtual water cooler.

Edited by Lion EA
  • Like 7

I do the same thing. I get much more work done when my phone is not blowing up from people wanting to know if their taxes are done. I'm pretty sure that I would let them know if they were, but we all know that they think they are our only client. It is so much easier for me to work late and then email everyone that I can with questions. One guy told me to call him anytime that I was working instead of emailing him. I just can't call someone in the middle of the night. 

This board is what keeps me from being so depressed. Knowing that I am not the only one with stacks of problems. We all need a laugh, too!

• Like 5

4 more 2011's plus 4 more to pu - ya I know 4/1 was to be the drop dead date but 3 were new clients this week and poorly returned returns - no expenses!

about 65 to review by Wed

300 to rollover for extensions and ATX is working ssooo sssssllloowww on rollovers  Then all the messing around on the extension - opening everyone up, lock it, etc...

About 20 vouchers and get them all in here!!

I am so tired - but have to call IRS 7 am for another 2 2011 transcripts an wage and income - can't find their 2011 and need wage and income for a 2014 - hope it came thru for someone who owes in another state in a nursing home

I can no longer stay up all night.

Read that a Muslim made a chair for the Pope and stayed up the whole week to make it - However, I doubt he was short the last 3 months of sleep.

I need a really good professional tax preparer - for next year to help!

yikes - get to work - 3 families and 1 s corp, 2 partnerships coming in at 7 and 2 individuals to finish yet - break over.

• Like 2