ATX Community

They just keep coming in

rfassett

I had one guy who was supposed to drop off last night and never showed.  Same guy asked for account approval on my file share portal today.  Guess there will be ONE more tomorrow.

Otherwise, all my extensions are IN.

Unless you count the two that, today, decided they wanted to send in payments as well - can I please have a payment coupon?

<<<<tthhiiss>>>> close!

• Like 3

It's spooky quiet here today.  We did all the extensions, and have had a couple people drop off info even though they are on ext. 

I'm just exhausted.  you never realize how tired you are til you are done.  Then you hit the wall.

I hit the wall two weeks ago and have been going off of sheer orneriness ever since.  

• Like 7

Got our own extensions in for IRS, CT, and IL.  Did the clients that needed calculations to mail in payments a few days ago.  A few finally got me signatures today to e-file their returns.  Now trying to pick up speed on extensions for those that always get refunds, their w/h is greater than their tax liability.  And, some that tell me that but it doesn't always work out that way when they get me all their docs!  Discovering new states as I dig into the folders or make calls.  Long day.  I'm so tired.  Promised a biz client that I'd be at her office Thursday.

Edited by Lion EA
  • Like 3

We closed the office at 10:30 (instead of 10 only because we had to wait for the Schwan man.) Then went to lunch, shopped for some pond supplies and I just got up from the first of what should be several naps over the next several days.

Catherine, I am all about that!

Edited by rfassett
  • Like 4

I'm like Catherine was in that I've been fighting a cold or the start of a sinus infection for several weeks.  I've been going strong until this morning when I woke up with a bad headache behind my left eye.  Ugh!  Some OTC meds and sinus rinse with extra salt have helped tremendously and the headache is mostly gone now too.

I've sat with my feet up watching on here for a while, sat in the sun and weeded around one rose bush and while I watched the dogs outside.  Maybe I'll mosey on out to the mailbox soon.

By Friday I should be rested enough that my husband and I will enjoy a nice relaxing dinner out somewhere.

• Like 2

My husband took me out to dinner (nothing fancy; just yummy and low-key - JUST what I needed).  Got home and called one elderly client who was worried about an extension - filed weeks ago, but they're so old-fashioned they don't even have an answering machine.  Had a delightful chat with him.  Am going to prep the request for our vacation week and send that out tomorrow.

Phew!  *WHAT* a season this year was!  

Won't even look at the extensions 'til Monday.

• Like 3

I was woken up this morning by a client at the door who is really good at just showing up. My roommate answered and I overheard him saying "she's not awake yet". I yelled out something like -I still need the big charitable receipt! But couldn't get back to sleep. Got coffee and my assistant had put a bag of Godiva truffles on my desk. She was also wearing a t-shirt that said "ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT- ONLY BECAUSE FREAKING MIRACLE WORKER IS NOT AN OFFICIAL JOB TITLE"

I had someone uploading their P&L at almost 7pm. I emailed back (after sending instructions for Direct Pay and CA's WebPay). Just send them some money, I don't care how much, you owe about 7k to the Feds and 5k to CA just on your IRA withdrawal. Not doing anything else. I'm done.

And I am. I'll check for ACKs in another hour or two. That's it.

Edited by joanmcq
  • Like 6