ATX Community

More on W10 forced updates

Catherine

An aside - I converted to Win 10 about a week ago. Thought I'd do it now rather than when the 2015 tax software is distributed next month. Everything went smoothly except that my tax program (TaxWise) didn't work.  A known problem to customer support; had to remove and then rerun the install program - maybe ten minutes overall.  The process for 2014 also fixed my TaxWise for all back years. My real gripe is that Freecell isn't a part of Win 10, although a different version is available as a free app.

I believe if you cancel your reserved copy (if you had reserved a copy) of windows 10, then uninstall KB3035583, and then hide KB3035583. you should not have a problem. Microsoft re-released KB3035583 not that long ago so I had to hide it twice.

You uninstall updates at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\View update history.

You hide an update by right clicking and choosing hide.

• Like 4

Another "Thank You" to jmdaviscpa.  I just shared that info with my tech support and he was happy to get it.  He had actually called me because of the issue, just as I was reading that board.  I was able to tell him which file to remove and he can use that for all the other clients who do not want Win 10.  This board is awesome.

• Like 2