ATX Community

EA Card

BLACK BART

I renewed my EA license Nov. 5th and have not received the billfold card they mailed me last time, although they did let me print out a payment confirmation.  Does anyone know if they are still mailing those out or is there a place online to print out the card myself?  I know that it could simply be that two months is not enough lead time for IRS.  Thanks.   

Not sure how long normal processing and mailing has taken in past years since I'm not an EA, but # 6 in the EA FAQS page at IRS site has this info if you want to call:

• 6. How can I replace an enrollment card? (updated 9/17/14)
  • A replacement card may be obtained by calling (855) 472-5540. You may also request a replacement card by e-mail at [email protected] or by fax at (855) 889-7959. If requesting the card via e-mail, please do not include your SSN. The request should include your name, contact information, such as your daytime phone, and your enrolled agent number

• 3 weeks later...
Copied from the NAEA Newsletter:

Speaking of EA renewals, RPO gave us a heads-up after we went to press last week (E@lert weathered snowzilla in an undisclosed mid-western location) that its Detroit office has been delayed in mailing EA cards/certificates because the staff ran out of envelopes (E@lert appreciates the candor from RPO but shares members' exasperation). The envelopes arrived on Wednesday, January 27, and Detroit is working on the backlog. Because of this processing bottleneck, please allow extra time for your card to arrive. We will keep you posted on any further details as they become available.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

This made me laugh. It sounds too much like "the dog ate my homework" excuse.  :lol:

OK -- When Fiona (older girl; now 25) was in 3rd grade, her teacher came in one morning and told the class, "You all got a perfect grade on yesterday's homework because MY puppy ate YOUR homework."  Much hilarity ensued - probably particularly on the part of the parents who heard the tale (tail?) later.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...