ATX Community

IRS Now Allows Tax Payments at 7-Eleven Stores

Elrod

Thirsty for a Slurpee? Do you owe taxes and want to pay with cash? Now, you can take care of both at your local 7-Eleven.

In partnership with ACI Worldwide’s OfficialPayments.com and PayNearMe, individuals can now make a tax payment without the need of a bank account or credit card at more than 7,000 7-Eleven stores nationwide, the IRS announced on April 6.

PayNearMe is currently available at participating 7-Elevens in 34 states. Most stores are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, giving taxpayers a convenient option to make cash payments in their own neighborhoods and on their own schedules.

http://www.accountingweb.com/tax/individuals/irs-now-allows-tax-payments-at-7-eleven-stores

I didn't even know that 7-Eleven was still in business.  I haven't seen one in years.  I guess Alabama is not one of the states they still do business in.  Open 24 hours?  They use to be open from, well. . . seven to eleven.  As far as I know, they were the first to be open that late at night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

I guess 7-Eleven doesn't like Alabama.

https://www.7-eleven.com/Home/Locator

(There are 7 within 30 miles of my tiny town in the forests of CT.)

According to their map, there are five stores within a thousand miles from me.  All five are in South Carolina.  Maybe I should visit one of them for old times sake.

• Like 1

Hey, for the medical and legal pot stores, they have to pay cash for everything because fed banking laws are such that banks won't touch them. The Board of Equalization has begged for some kind of system to be set up because the pot stores bring in bags of cash to pay the sales and excise taxes. 

Maybe if the government started taking bitcoins?

• Like 2