ATX Community

Efile Accepted with Messages

Randall

Thanks for the info everybody.  We've been getting these every now and then, but had no clue what the "messages" were.  Tried calling EF center today, held for an hour, and then they chimed in and advised they were closed. 

I think IRS should be required to track each practitioner's calls and at season's end award $1,000 to whoever heard this the most: "Our representatives are still assisting other customers.  Please continue to hold." :rolleyes:

• Like 2

You will get that message if the person was not covered for any month, even if you don't pay the penalty.

I have US citizens and the program doesn't calculate the penalty automatically, I had two different returns with only one filer, no dependents, with ITIN and the penalty was applied to both. It shouldn't add a penalty when the only number on the return is an ITIN or it should do it to all returns until we check mark that field. I have also noticed that if you repay the Premium credit, (someone who was helped two much for 12 months), you still get the penalty added on some cases until you check it. I guess the systems doesn't understand that if you have listed all 12 months on one form, you should pay penalty. I guess those will be improvements for next year.

Received this same type of message today.  Accepted with message IND-068.  It is related to the 'full year coverage' box.  Was filing a dependent's return and the box for health care was not checked due to oversight.   The software did not indicate this was an error and let me efile the return.  l called the IRS # for efile message assistance this afternoon and the agent indicated it is just an alert from the IRS, however I think this should have been an error notification in the ATX software.  Hopefully the dependent doesn't receive any letter due to this message.  The dependent does have healthcare on his parents' return that has not been filed yet. 

13 minutes ago, southern tax lady said:

Received this same type of message today.  Accepted with message IND-068.  It is related to the 'full year coverage' box.  Was filing a dependent's return and the box for health care was not checked due to oversight.   The software did not indicate this was an error and let me efile the return. 

This is not an error.  Dependents are instructed to leave line 61 blank in the Instructions to Form 1040, p. 51.  Very bottom of 3rd column.   You're good.  :D

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, RitaB said:

This is not an error.  Dependents are instructed to leave line 61 blank in the Instructions to Form 1040, p. 51.  Very bottom of 3rd column.   You're good.  :D

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf

Ok thanks for the response.  However if you can skip the box, then the IRS should not be 'accepting the return with message'

I am checking the box or filling out the other required forms and I have noticed that if you had two months without insurance, you don't pay the penalty but efile will read "accepted with message". Or if you have someone who is paying the penalty, then you will get that.

If you ignore the whole health insurance question, then the IRS doesn't if you didn't have health insurance the whole year. On the other hand, you are saying, I didn't have health insurance but I qualify for an exception or I am paying the penalty, the IRS knows and suggest that you get insurance.

To mitigate your frustration, this is what the code means: "On your return there is at least one person who didn't have insurance for at least one month by the fact that you claimed an exception or you paid the penalty, so please go to www.obamacare.com to get insurance".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, southern tax lady said:

If you do not check a box in the exemption area, then the software doesn't return an error for health coverage box.  If you aren't required as you state above, then why is the IRS accepting with a message......then I can't find what that code means.....how frustrating....

Well, everything with that box has changed between 2/15/17 and 3/14/17.  But, I looked at the message one time waaayyyy back there, and mine was basically as Pacun said, a commercial for the Marketplace.  I never looked at it again.