ATX Community

Efiling 2020 return

joanmcq

I have a 2020 return I’ve been hanging on to until efiling opened.  I submitted it yesterday and it was rejected.  It still had the 2021 submission ID even though I had deleted the old 8879 and EF Info pages & recreated them. Now, trying to recreate them, I keep getting the same 2021 submission ID.  Does anyone know if something has changed with submitting prior years? How can I get this efiled?

An ATX support rep helped me about a year ago in this matter.  She said  that changing preparers will produce a new 8879.

She had me add a phantom preparer in the Manager, change the preparer in the return, then change back in the Prep Manager.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kimjo said:

An ATX support rep helped me about a year ago in this matter.  She said  that changing preparers will produce a new 8879.

She had me add a phantom preparer in the Manager, change the preparer in the return, then change back in the Prep Manager.

Hope this helps

You could make yourself a 2nd preparer, using (or dropping) a middle initial.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 11:22 PM, jklcpa said:

Be sure to close the return after deleting the 8879 and EF Info page, then reopen the return add them back and recreate the efile.

That works, filed a couple today.  But note that the submission ID does not change to 2022 until you create the new efile.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TAXMAN said:

I was told that I have to wait for ATX to reject b-4 it will correct itself so I will try what JackieCPA said. Unless someone else is having the same problem and a cure. I have about 5 of these to fix.

That's what happened to me.  Recently efiled both 2019 and 2020.  Had to get EFC rejection, then re-create the efile in order to get the 2022 in the id number.