ATX Community

Hit 100 Posts!

RJM

Hi ATXers and X-ATXers-

This is Post 100 for me. Yippee ! Thought I would use this post to thank all the posters to this board, and to thank Eric also for starting it up so quickly last year. While I do not post too often, I read almost every thread, and I learn lots of new stuff on this board. So.... THANK YOU to all the devoted posters. -Bob

Hi ATXers and X-ATXers-

This is Post 100 for me. Yippee ! Thought I would use this post to thank all the posters to this board, and to thank Eric also for starting it up so quickly last year. While I do not post too often, I read almost every thread, and I learn lots of new stuff on this board. So.... THANK YOU to all the devoted posters. -Bob

Congrats on the milestone ;)

Only 400 posts to go before you make "ATXaholics Anonymous" :D

Congrats on the milestone ;)

Only 400 posts to go before you make "ATXaholics Anonymous" :D

I am working on it. Only 244 to go for me!

Gotta do what Bulldogtom and JohnH do and post a lot of little inane posts to get there more quickly.

Trouble is that I am a lawyer and paid by the word, so never know how to trim things down!

I am working on it. Only 244 to go for me!

Gotta do what Bulldogtom and JohnH do and post a lot of little inane posts to get there more quickly.

Trouble is that I am a lawyer and paid by the word, so never know how to trim things down!

Hey now, as counsel on this board, you are violating privledge by telling mine and JohnH's secrets. We may have to hold a kangaroo court and fine you a contribution to the board if you keep this up.

Speaking of which, I think we ought to consider a kangaroo court on the board. If someone ticks you off, take them to court. All fines paid via PayPal to ERC. Don't pay the fine, ERC kicks you off the board?

What do you think?

Tom

Lodi, CA

"I think we ought to consider a kangaroo court on the board. If someone ticks you off, take them to court. All fines paid via PayPal to ERC. Don't pay the fine, ERC kicks you off the board?"

Jury consisting of Atxaholics Anonymous. ERC Judge.

Zeke

Hey now, as counsel on this board, you are violating privledge by telling mine and JohnH's secrets. We may have to hold a kangaroo court and fine you a contribution to the board if you keep this up.

Speaking of which, I think we ought to consider a kangaroo court on the board. If someone ticks you off, take them to court. All fines paid via PayPal to ERC. Don't pay the fine, ERC kicks you off the board?

What do you think?

Tom

Lodi, CA

Think I want to be a Judge.

Hummmmm. If Eric is going to get the 'fines' as donations, I think that would disqualify him as Judge. Why not consider the ATXaholics like an Appeal Court, where we all vote and majority rules?

Thinking that as one of the few attorneys on this board and not the originator of this board or a moderator I will put my name into the hat for Judge.

And if I win I think I will change my name to Judge Roy Bean, http://www.desertusa.com/mag98/aug/papr/du_roybean.html, or judge Issac PArker http://littlerock.about.com/cs/generalhist...angingjudge.htm.

post-270-1211914206_thumb.jpg

(PS: Incidentally, this is a cover of a Mason Profit album. Artist Julian Gilbert (my father). They are most famous fro their song "Two Hangman". Hard to see when it is this small, but the cowboy in the foreground (Terry Talbot) is holding a rope in the shape of a noose.)

One of my favorite lines from "The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean" - when the judge (Paul Newman) is getting ready to set up court in the saloon. A couple of cowboys have been brought in on suspicion of cattle rustling and Judge Bean has poured them a drink. While they're finishing it up he says, "Well, you boys got anything to say for yourselves before we give ya a fair trial & hang ya?"

"I think we ought to consider a kangaroo court on the board. If someone ticks you off, take them to court. All fines paid via PayPal to ERC. Don't pay the fine, ERC kicks you off the board?"

Jury consisting of Atxaholics Anonymous. ERC Judge.

Zeke

I like being the on atxaholics jury. Since I am the person who ticks most people off, I have it made.

But Joel is cheating. He is stringing his posts - 2 or 3 at a time. He really wants to be the judge. I think we should fine him 100 posts just to teach him a lesson.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I like being the on atxaholics jury. Since I am the person who ticks most people off, I have it made.

But Joel is cheating. He is stringing his posts - 2 or 3 at a time. He really wants to be the judge. I think we should fine him 100 posts just to teach him a lesson.

Tom

Lodi, CA

How about if I make a deal and agree to rule leniently on you when you tick someone off?

(just doing what every other politician does to buy votes)

and this reminds me of a little story...

Mayor Daley of Chicago, Barack Obama, George Bush, John McCain and Hillary Clinton were all on a small boat in the middle of Lake Michigan. The boat springs a leak and starts to sink. They see no boats in the area and try the radio to find that is is broken. Then they look for the life jackets and find only one. Mayor Daley, says, "Well we are all politicians, we should vote on who gets the life jacket". All agree

Th result of the vote

Obama = 1

McCain = 1

Clinton = 1

Daley gets 3725 and wins the vest

NO - Joel is campaigning. nothing wrong with that. Bulldog Tom however asserts that he is on the jury and wants to fine a member in good standing without grounds.

zeke

Tom

Lodi, CA

And the Judge has the final say on who is and is not on the Jury.

We have 12 Jury positions and I think we can swing 6 alternates.

Tom, Zeke, want a Jury position? I am sure it can be arranged once I am elected.

Jeepers -- I passed 100 and didn't realize it! Do I get anything for not noticing?

Catherine

;-)

Speaking of legal matters & lawyering, did you hear about the guy who barged into the lawyer's office to seek legal advice. He asked, "What are your rates?" As the lawyer began writing on something on his desk he replied "I charge $500 for 3 questions." The guy responded, "That's pretty high, isn't it?" The lawyer replied "Yes" while he continued to write. He then handed the guy a $500 invoice and said, "Now what's your third question?"