ATX Community

Hi everybody - I'm still alive!

Catherine

But I did spend a full week or 9 days out flat with that nasty cold that's been going around. Not terribly sick, just exhausted and too tired to give a hoot about much of anything. Trying to catch up. Hey, in all that time, all the client I'd been hounding for information - not a one of them sent me anything. Today, though, I've gotten three sets of last-minute docs with the obligatory "sorry but you can still finish right?" query.

• Like 6

Catherine, I'm happy that you are doing good self care.  I'm trying after bringing home a Covid souvenir from a month of travel.  Paxlovid did great, allowed me to walk a half marathon last Saturday but tested positive Sunday for the rebound. Still weakly positive yesterday.  I didn't even have time to get booster or a flu shot as they became available while we were still traveling. 

I'm happy I am only beginning prep for next season and actually have no client work at all now. Just wanting my life back and to feel good again. 

• Like 4

Catherine and Margaret, glad you are getting through that sickness and hope each of you have no lasting effects.

Husband and I were both exposed at the end of September but luckily didn't get it.  I just got the flu and covid boosters yesterday and am not feeling all that great at the moment (high fever, shaking and aching....)

Now is the time to take care of ourselves first, rest, and not let those procrastinator clients with the multitude of excuses play on our sympathies.

• Like 3

well - if it's any consolation - I get allergies every October.  This time it came on fast.  I sneezed with a mouth full of toothpaste and it sprayed all over my bathroom mirror.  

I have been sneezing for a couple of days.  My nose is getting sore.  I sneezed a few minutes ago, and it caused a nose bleed - that sprayed all over the papers on my desk. 

Hope that made you smile.  It made me laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I also get fall allergies, @schirallicpa but I think this year they were totally overwhelmed in symptoms by that cold. I knew I was likely to get it - daughter and granddaughter had it and I went up to help daughter when she was exhausted. Worth it to help her but it still wasn't something I enjoyed. I've also gotten nosebleeds, but strangely never from sneezing. Lucky me!

• Like 2