ATX Community

Extension of renewal discount by ATX

Gail

For the first time since I started using ATX software in 1997 I have not renewed early. I haven't been contacted by ATX recently either which leads me to believe that maybe they moved my file from the sales department to support which means I might never be called back.

I like the software but have no faith in the company so I'm still looking for an alternative.

Jack, to be fair, renewal deadlines ALWAYS get extended a bit. Usually it's a rush on the phones that cause it, so to be fair for the people who might get a busy signal we would give a couple more days if people would ask. 'Officially extended' might be a big much, but there was always a bit of give there.

For what it worth.

ATX called yesterday, discount until 6/30/08, told them I mostly likely would renew, however,

1. Wanted to know if CCH would warranty the program to add 2+2 and get 4.

2. With a 45 day refund period why would I order software that would not be delivered until who knows when.

3. Features (software) promised for last year was as of today not delivered as promised.

I am waiting to see that the software is ready to use.

Been a customer of ATX since Saber and always renewed early. This year I have not renew and I am getting phone calls (thank god for answering machines) and e-mail telling me about extended discounts. I have not spoken to them about renewal. The last time I spoke with them was to discuss why I was getting charged for e-filing when I did not e-file over 100 returns. Their response was I could take the e-filed charges off me renewal. I am going to wait and see what they are doing.

For what it worth.

ATX called yesterday, discount until 6/30/08, told them I mostly likely would renew, however,

Mel, I understand your position and always positive outlook, but an official 30 day extension is not just "give a couple more days if people would ask" scenario.

This is another example of the consistent incosistency of CCH decision makers. It appears that the management of CCH have:

1) Discontinued listening to their customers for customer satisfaction.

2) Eliminated any customer loyalty benefits.

3) Making decisions base on long term proven business practices.

4) Forgotten who pays their paychecks.

5) Make decisions with a "Don't care if it angers our customers or not" attitude.

Just My Observed and Not So Humble Opinion

Yesterday I received both a message on my voice mail and an email stating the following:

"We'll get right to the point. After June 30th, your 10% ATX renewal discount will be gone! There will be no more discounts this year. "

I wonder if this time it means they are going to do what they say and leave me alone until I decide whether to renew (probably in Dec or Jan). I say that tongue-in-cheek because I really don't mind the calls & emails - I like to study others' marketing successes and screw-ups. However, it has the look and feel of the old "It's Over" post-closing technique popular in the Sandler Sales Method. We will see if there's another round in the near future, maybe accompanied by coffee makers, toaster ovens, or other trinkets. That's about the only threshhold their marketing geniuses haven't crossed, but I have confidence in them that they may get there yet.