ATX Community

NT - Be Thankful!

>>When i checked my thermometer this morning, it said -42<<

What a coincidence! We had the same temperature--42. The only difference seems to be that we have an extra dash in front of the number.

Weekend forecast for zip code 95060 is "Sunny. Highs in the 60s to mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph."

Weekend forecast for zip code 95060 is "Sunny. Highs in the 60s to mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph."

Jainen,

You are supposed to be the Compassionate Liberal on this board. Why aren't you "Feeling their pain" (to borrow a phrase) and finding a government solution to their problems?

It is not nice to rub it in that you live in paradise. I think the sensible thing for government to do is to ship you to Maine in January so that we all are treated equally. And don't forget to pack your surfboard!

Tom

Lodi, CA

>>When i checked my thermometer this morning, it said -42<<

What a coincidence! We had the same temperature--42. The only difference seems to be that we have an extra dash in front of the number.

Makes me feel warm that it was "just" -4F this morning here (Massachusetts) with light winds.

My husband lived in California for a while (3 years) after he got out of school. He says he went close to crazy from the one-and-only forecast: "Late night and early morning low clouds and fog".

Catherine

That's not really my style. How about if I just whip up a blueberry cobbler and spend the afternoon in the park listening to Patty Griffin and reading Stephen King?

Blueberry cobbler isn't bad, but I'd prefer a clam bake / lobster feed. At least Stephen Kind is smart enough only to have a vacation home here and goes elsewhere to miss out on the freezing temps.

Taxbilly, be glad you are on the warm side of the state. We won't hit 55 for two days and the wind is making it even colder. In fact, it is warmer in Denver that in Panama City. BRRR. Messed up my golf game yesterday as I stayed home. Oh well, I will want some of this cooler weather in the heat of the summer. Just never happy.

Well here in NC we are forcasted for 6 degrees tonight. It was 14 this morning. I live in a rural area and have to keep water running in the house to keep the well from freezing.

We used to have to run water in the house I grew up in (here in MA) on any cold night int he winter. Water pipes ran up the outside walls and there was NO insulation in those walls. We trickled it all night, and in the morning ran hot water to melt whatever ice had built up over night.