ATX Community

For What It May Be Worth

Wayne Brasch

HELLO! For what it may be worth to any of you, I'M BACK! I've truly missed being able to read and respond to this forum for the past several months when it was moved to another server by Eric. He and I tried to fix the problem months ago, but I could not get back on the web site using my old computer. My old computer's motherboard got fried a few days ago and I had to get another computer. I found out that the motherboard I had in the old one could be replaced at a cost of about $300 since Intel had discontinued it some 3 years ago. I got a very good deal at Wal-Mart on a new Hewlett-Packard computer for not a lot more than that amount and have taken several days to move all my files over to this new one. I had, of course, to get my printer and scanner recognized by the new computer, but all of that went well, also.

In any case, I'm glad to be back reading all your comments, questions, and answers again. If I have any answers for any questions any of you may ask, I'll try not to offend anyone with my answers. I have enjoyed corresponding with many of you in the past. Last tax-filing season, I used Orrtax's Intellitax instead of ATX as in the past. This year (2008 returns), I went back to MAX by ATX. I'm so glad to be back to them again! Intellitax made me waste a lot of toner cartridges and paper by forcing me to print some things that were not at all needed. MAX lets you pick and choose what you want to print. For example, some GA returns require that you attach a copy of pages 1 and 2 of form 1040 and Schedule A in some circumstances. Intellitax printed a whole federal return to attach to the GA return. It could not be stopped wasting these resources no matter what I did.

It's good to be back!

Wayne Brasch

HELLO! For what it may be worth to any of you, I'M BACK! I've truly missed being able to read and respond to this forum for the past several months when it was moved to another server by Eric. He and I tried to fix the problem months ago, but I could not get back on the web site using my old computer. My old computer's motherboard got fried a few days ago and I had to get another computer. I found out that the motherboard I had in the old one could be replaced at a cost of about $300 since Intel had discontinued it some 3 years ago. I got a very good deal at Wal-Mart on a new Hewlett-Packard computer for not a lot more than that amount and have taken several days to move all my files over to this new one. I had, of course, to get my printer and scanner recognized by the new computer, but all of that went well, also.

In any case, I'm glad to be back reading all your comments, questions, and answers again. If I have any answers for any questions any of you may ask, I'll try not to offend anyone with my answers. I have enjoyed corresponding with many of you in the past. Last tax-filing season, I used Orrtax's Intellitax instead of ATX as in the past. This year (2008 returns), I went back to MAX by ATX. I'm so glad to be back to them again! Intellitax made me waste a lot of toner cartridges and paper by forcing me to print some things that were not at all needed. MAX lets you pick and choose what you want to print. For example, some GA returns require that you attach a copy of pages 1 and 2 of form 1040 and Schedule A in some circumstances. Intellitax printed a whole federal return to attach to the GA return. It could not be stopped wasting these resources no matter what I did.

It's good to be back!

Wayne Brasch

Wayne's World. Wayne's World.