ATX Community

1040 Express Answers from CCH

mcb39

Received my 1040 Express Answers on Saturday. I was very surprised. I also want to say how pleased I am with the Master Tax Guide which was also included with Max this year. Some really nice research material. My pile is growing which makes me think that I need to get my house in order and get serious about Tax Season. Having eye surgery today; which is the first step toward making things easier. A Happy and Blessed New Year To All!

Received my 1040 Express Answers on Saturday. I was very surprised. I also want to say how pleased I am with the Master Tax Guide which was also included with Max this year. Some really nice research material. My pile is growing which makes me think that I need to get my house in order and get serious about Tax Season. Having eye surgery today; which is the first step toward making things easier. A Happy and Blessed New Year To All!

GOOD LUCK on your eye surgery, mcb39.

Booger

Had my two cataracts removed in October and I now have 20/20 vision. It was completely painless, no bandage, and it took the surgeon about ten minutes.

Amazing technology!

taxbilly

A client of mine had this done (two eyes but separately) a couple of years ago. She said the most amazing part was how much more vivid the COLORS were. Had she known in advance, she would not have waited those extra couple of years!

Did you find that true as well?

They did them separately a week apart. Played golf between surgeries. There are two kinds of lenses. One is the basic which means you still need corrective lenses. The other is called Crystalens which acts as a natural lens and no glasses required.

If you are on Medicare as I am, the basic is covered 100%. The Crystalens cost $2500 each but well worth it to me.

taxbilly

Had my two cataracts removed in October and I now have 20/20 vision. It was completely painless, no bandage, and it took the surgeon about ten minutes.

Amazing technology!

taxbilly

That is what I am having done and am SO looking forward to it. My husband is having one eye done today and I am having one. He doesn't need the second one, but I will be going back for that as soon as they allow me. Thanks to all of you for the words of encouragement and good wishes. It means so very much to me. And thanks to Taxbilly for the little pep talk. Everyone says that I won,t believe how much I was NOT seeing.

You'll notice brightness and sharpness the very next day. After wearing glasses since I was eight I still look for them in the morning and try to take them off at night.

My niece said "uncle billy, now that you have new eyes, you need to look cool".

I went to CVS Pharmacy and bought wrap around sunglasses, er shades, and I'm now known as Mr. Cool by my golf buddies.

I also bought a pair of spring break shades, you know the kind that people looking at you see a mirror, for when I want to get a little wild.

I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis ... she says that will not do. I'll need a vet. With all of the tax changes I may very well be able to afford one after the season.

taxbilly

Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery!

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and concern. The surgery went beautifully (just as Taxbilly said it would). I can see better by the hour and can see the computer better without glasses than with. It is amazing how bright and beautiful everything is already. I have the second eye scheduled as of this morning. I have worn glasses, at least for reading, since I was 2. I still have my first little wire rimmed glasses, which would be in style now. The nurse told us this morning that there are so many people who refuse to have this surgery. So, if any of you out there are debating the issue, I highly recommend it. My husband and I got there at 1:00 and were home by 3:30 and they had to switch the O R around in between because we were having opposite eyes done. Hubby was only going to have one done, but as the day progressed today, he changed his mind and is going for the second eye also. Thanks again to all my family here who care. You are an awesome group.

We are all thankful for the success of your surgery. I, for one, admire you and all who have had this done and then shared the good news as a result. I am nearly blind in one eye from untreated amblyopia and am nervously anticipating the surgery on the good eye. It is so scary because, should anything happen to that one, I would be blind. Your positive experience is a good sign! Continued good healing to you and your husband!

Marilyn -- I am so glad your surgery went well!! May you heal very quickly ( you and your husband both) and may the second eye go as well.

Margaret -- I can certainly understand your fear of surgery in your remaining sighted eye; the thought is very scary. If/when you decide to do it, I hope it all goes -at least- as well as Marilyn's has.

Very glad to hear it went so well. Not only for you, but because my husband is having his first cataract surgery on the 14th.

Best of luck to your husband,KC. He will be in my thoughts. It really was a breeze, but, of course, there are minimal risks with any surgery. Think Positive and trust in the good judgement of your doctor. I SO wanted to be able to see better. My eyes were interfering with my work. I have my second scheduled for Feb 3; after all the checkups are over for the first one. My husband has now decided that he wants his other eye done also. My worst problem now is that I can see extremely well with one eye and not the other. Am going for broke and looking forward to a great and productive 2010.

Perhaps you should change the title for this thread. I don't see a way that I can do it. We have gotten way off the subject of the 1040 Express Answers. Thanks!