ATX Community

Am I the only one left here?

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I'm still here filing extensions. My last client left at 8 to go mail their checks. I was really hoping to take tomorrow off, but I may have to keep checking for rejects. I can't believe that I have so many extensions and I still finished more returns than last year. Of course, tons of people want their returns finished next week, so I'll have to kill myself again to get them done and the payroll and property taxes filed. Thanks for all of the help!

Bonnie

I'm still here filing extensions. My last client left at 8 to go mail their checks. I was really hoping to take tomorrow off, but I may have to keep checking for rejects. I can't believe that I have so many extensions and I still finished more returns than last year. Of course, tons of people want their returns finished next week, so I'll have to kill myself again to get them done and the payroll and property taxes filed. Thanks for all of the help!

Bonnie

I'm here too, Bonnie. Just ushered the last client out the door after filing an extension. Could have cried when he told me that he had converted his IRA to a Roth IRA so that he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it when he drew it out. He went to one of those "dinners" where they do financial planning for you. We did a direct debit with his extension but won't be nearly enough now; if it even gets an ACK this week.

I love your license plate! I think that I just got my last extension sent. I have to go through the drawers one more time to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Now I can concntrate on what really scares me. My son turns 16 in two weeks and will get his license and is supposed to fly solo on his birthday. If no one hears from me after May 3rd, it's because I had a heart attack and died at the airport watching my baby fly by himself. Hope you get to leave soon.

I spent all last night and today transmitting extensions. Well, with lots of interruptions such as my 5 p.m. appointment to prepare someone's returns and a commuter with issues over why he owes NY (NY added two top tax rates on top of their former rates, but his payroll company taxes him at the rate appropriate to his base pay only and ignores his bonus that's double his salary) so lots of emails back and forth and multiple phone calls from one of my partnerships as the partners do their individual taxes on Turbo Tax! I wanted to tell them off days ago, but they're a nice couple from church and I prepare their 1065 and a 990 for a music school where he's teacher/treasurer and he subs for my husband at the organ at church, so I put up with their calls. Gotta get some sleep for a change! Happy Off-Season, Everyone!

Well, I am a little later or early. I finished my last extension at 8:00 PM last evening (4/15)and have clients coming in today. I plan on working in the yard on Saturday and turning into a couch potato on Sunday. I will take a week off and then begin working on the extensions. I hope you all had a prosperous tax season. Take some time off and relax you have definitely earned it. ^_^

I love your license plate! I think that I just got my last extension sent. I have to go through the drawers one more time to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Now I can concntrate on what really scares me. My son turns 16 in two weeks and will get his license and is supposed to fly solo on his birthday. If no one hears from me after May 3rd, it's because I had a heart attack and died at the airport watching my baby fly by himself. Hope you get to leave soon.

You'll make it through May 3rd!! One of my husband's best friends (since grade school) got HIS pilot's license on his 16th birthday. He's been a professional pilot all his life (in his late 50's now). The two of them used to fly from Los Alamos down to Santa Fe and Albuquerque just for the heck of it after school....

Well I am back in the saddle for 1/2 day. 1 meeting this morning- see if I can get some of the 62 acks that I am waiting on then go and check on my cows and start on all the neglected ranch duties for a few days.

Thanks to all that hvae contributed to this board this season.

Well I am back in the saddle for 1/2 day. 1 meeting this morning- see if I can get some of the 62 acks that I am waiting on then go and check on my cows and start on all the neglected ranch duties for a few days.

Thanks to all that hvae contributed to this board this season.

I have been out checking fences this morning and just happy to be outside. No phone, no ACKS. Woo Hoo! Going to the feed store to get fish food, saw all kinds of baby fish on the edge of the pond. Wow, April 16 rocks!