ATX Community

logon

zeke

So, twice yesterday I was locked out of my atx logon & had to call customer support. :angry: They physically had to make changes on that end & I was then allowed to enter a new password & continue. Some items I learned:

Support is not in Maine & not ATX. - but did answer within 1/2 hour!

incident report numbers of 4528742 & 4530352 three hours apart could indicate that 1620 incidents had been reported in that 3 hours.

"they" are well aware of our discontent regarding logon procedures.

Other occasions I logged on as "user" & was disconnected from secure site every time i turned around. The last time I logged on yesterday, it was as administrator & I purposely did NOT log off. I did turn off my computer & unplugged it (bad weather). This A.M. I am still logged on!! NEWS TO ME!!!!

I did finally get on as ADMIN, but now I find out that they no longer have a record of my EFIN, or my EIN, and they have to have me fax them the letter from the IRS showing that I am registered to EFILE this year. Now as we all know, the IRS is not sending out those letters. I am not currently enrolled in e-services (I keep forgetting to change my password often enough because I don't use this service much.) It will take up to 28 days for IRS to mail me a new confirmation number so I can print out a summary letter showing my e-fin for ATX to set me up over again. What is the point in staying with the same service? I was a little ticked before, but I am FURIOUS now!

I did finally get on as ADMIN, but now I find out that they no longer have a record of my EFIN, or my EIN, and they have to have me fax them the letter from the IRS showing that I am registered to EFILE this year. Now as we all know, the IRS is not sending out those letters. I am not currently enrolled in e-services (I keep forgetting to change my password often enough because I don't use this service much.) It will take up to 28 days for IRS to mail me a new confirmation number so I can print out a summary letter showing my e-fin for ATX to set me up over again. What is the point in staying with the same service? I was a little ticked before, but I am FURIOUS now!

Do you have a letter from last year?

That should work as well.

Actually, I suggested the letter from last year and was told that I needed the letter from this year. I am going to send them last year's letter; if that is not good enough, they can go on line and look for my ERO status. I was trying to give them a chance, but I think, like Old Jack, I will be looking for new software for next year.

Actually, I suggested the letter from last year and was told that I needed the letter from this year. I am going to send them last year's letter; if that is not good enough, they can go on line and look for my ERO status. I was trying to give them a chance, but I think, like Old Jack, I will be looking for new software for next year.

That's funny because while I was there I got last year's letters from customers and sent those to the department that enters the EFIN's and it worked fine.

Might as well try it and see if it works.

I thought it was funny, too, Nicole, but I wasn't laughing. I did send them last year's letter. We will see what happens. The woman I talked to really did not seem as knowledgeable or as interested as I was used to with the Caribou people. In fact, it was almost like I was back with the year ATX outsourced support to India. :(

gailtaxed...

I, too, was not up to date with E-Services. I couldn't remember password or name. So I called the number on the E-Services help and a very kind gentleman helped me to log in, get a new password, and get set up for the services. Was really great!!

BTW...you can use last year's letter from IRS for Efile confirmation.

Let me add my 2 cents' worth, fyi.

I have had NO problem with log on. Using a multi-tab MS Internet Explorer, I have added https://support.atxinc.com/myatx... as one of my "default" tabs when I open MS IE. When IE is fully opened, I am ALREADY loggin in - I do not have to do log in, it is already done.

Why this works is beyond my understanding, but then a lot of things are.....

Eli...and all..

Yes, I can post but only in fast reply. And as you see...the response is not always to the one I wish to respond to. Every time I click on New Topic or try to add a reply to an individual, I get a frozen screen. Lots of icons, smileys, spell check, etc...and I still cannot use them.

So I will read and benefit from the board , as I have always enjoyed peeping in on all discussions. Unless someone can teach this ole dog how to use a computer!!

Everyone.. have a good year..don't work tooo hard.

Eli the phone number to E-Services help was 1-866-255-0654.

So, twice yesterday I was locked out of my atx logon & had to call customer support. :angry: They physically had to make changes on that end & I was then allowed to enter a new password & continue. Some items I learned:

Support is not in Maine & not ATX. - but did answer within 1/2 hour!

incident report numbers of 4528742 & 4530352 three hours apart could indicate that 1620 incidents had been reported in that 3 hours.

"they" are well aware of our discontent regarding logon procedures.

Other occasions I logged on as "user" & was disconnected from secure site every time i turned around. The last time I logged on yesterday, it was as administrator & I purposely did NOT log off. I did turn off my computer & unplugged it (bad weather). This A.M. I am still logged on!! NEWS TO ME!!!!

Unfortunately you must have missed the posts about the layoffs in Maine. Remember that the new support also handles calls for other programs too, so not all of those tickets would be relating to ATX's product I imagine.

The company that I work for outsourced our helpdesk to IBM for a while, although the tickets were handled inhouse, you should have seen the rapidly incrementing ticket numbers there. Myself entering tickets at my desk manually, I could enter two tickets in a few minutes that were tens of thousands apart and all I was doing was duplicating tickets and entering a different affected user. I was so glad when we switched back off from them as I was so upset every time that IBM would have someone call me at 3am in the morning to check status on open tickets 'I'm soddy sir, but by my kalkulations it is now 9am in the US, is that not right?' NOOoo, Hawaii is NOT in the Eastern Time Zone (then we would procede with a geography lesson). The guys answering the phone may have been from the US and Canada (contractually stipulated between certain hours) but the people ensuring tickets were completed and handling 'quality control' were always from India. That was such a hairbrained idea, that my boss and I just asked our local users to call us directly as quite frequently the tickets being created wouldn't show up on our queue until like 2 days later as they all went through 'quality control' who for some reason assumed that we would be gone at 5pm Eastern time when we are in Hawaii (5-6 hours difference). So much for a global helpdesk solution. Now, I am not saying ATX's new owners will have such headaches, just meandering along from my orriginal intent.

I have seen the issue with continually being logged out before when I had multiple windows opened, some from prior to logging in and the other from after. Do you do as I do and open multiple windows at the same time to access different pages on the site? Maybe that's the reason.

Let me add my 2 cents' worth, fyi.

I have had NO problem with log on. Using a multi-tab MS Internet Explorer, I have added https://support.atxinc.com/myatx... as one of my "default" tabs when I open MS IE. When IE is fully opened, I am ALREADY loggin in - I do not have to do log in, it is already done.

Why this works is beyond my understanding, but then a lot of things are.....

Could you please explain how you go about setting up a second or more default tabs to open when you open IE? I use the multi-tab version, but do not know how to set it up to open multiple tabs.

Good Morning,

Log on??? I can't even get the page to open. Big error message referring to Padding is invalid and cannot be removed and "/" exception. I went to ATX website and the email link for support gives the same error. The email link for Sales seems to be fine. Any simple suggestions??

Any thoughts???

Dotti

I cannot log on either....tells me my account is locked. Then it runs me through the steps to unlock it and when I get to "secret answer", it doesn't tell me what the secret question is. It must be REALLY SECRET....

This happened to me....had to call ATX. They said it was because I never set up a secret question....and, of course I had not because it was never an option ever presented to me when I initially registered...or migrated...or whatever the hell that thing was that we all went trough this year. I am all set now thanks to a very long call with Tech support (this was prior to recent layoffs)... but I still do not know what my secret question or answer is!