ATX Community

NT / Client is Sitting Here Working on 2009

RitaB

Sorry to hear you have a cold. Keep in mind the latest studies have found that straight honey is a better cough med than any of the over the counter cough syrups. Honey and lemon juice, or honey and bourbon if you prefer, is even better, as the first version cuts the over-sweet taste and the second will help you sleep. <_<

Thanks, KC. I had echinacea tea with honey this afternoon, and regular (decaf) tea with whiskey this evening. The main problem is lack of oxygen, though, as it can't get past the Quickrete that used to be my sinuses. Tried Afrin and it works but makes me feel weird (not nearly as bad as Sudafed), and I've decided that it's not a weird-but-better, but just a weird-but-different, so I won't bother with it again.

_Great_ time of year to come down with this. It's my "reward" for taking off a day and a half last week to visit a college with Gwen.

Catherine

My dad's old remedy required a few extra items -- a hat and a 4-poster bed. You hang your hat on one of the posts at the foot of the bed. Lie down with your bottle of bourbon (or other alcohol of choice). Drink the bourbon until there are 2 hats. Then you won't care about your cold anymore.

Old fashioned but effective for that is Vicks Vapor Rub on your chest. A real romance killer, but you don't feel like romance anyway when you can't breath, right? A humidifier can help too. But the Vicks is amazingly helpful, with no weirdness involved at all.

I do have to agree with this. (Sort of dates us, though) We have a warm-mist humidifier going 24/7 at this time of year and so far none of us have had colds. Also, take your vitamins, particularly C and D.

I had a client come in December to file, 06,07,08,09.

He had a business and even had payroll in those years. He doesn't seem to have time to bring me the info I need (helping some one move, or needs time with his kids). I finely told him the IRS doesn't care if you ever see your kids again or if the friend down the street ends up on the street, penalties and interest are still accruing. They just want the return done.

Finally he brought me some more stuff. OUCH! He bought a house with his parents for 230,000, then six years later sold it to his parents for 957,000, thru an escrow and gifted the 230,000 to his parents for their down payment and they got a loan for the rest. Shortly after that the parent lost the home to foreclosure. I told him he needed a lawyer. This sounds like fraud to me. And that I would work under the lawyer if he wanted.

He tells me his parents CPA told them there would be not consequences to him (financial). So, I told him to go back to their CPA.

Those were his only two options. He left my office to think about it and called me to say he was picking up his papers. That was two weeks ago. I finally revoked the POA I had and would sure like his stuff picked up out of my office.

Clients like that I don't need.

MY sad story

Linda and buddy