ATX Community

Program updates

red2

The checkmark in 'include program updates' stays marked even though I update my program. I am having a problem with Form 4868. Even though I have the latest version of the form, program will not let me efile the extension. I don't think my program is completely updating. Any suggestions? have been on hold with ATX for 50 min and not getting anywhere. Thanks

I have not been able to create an e-file for 4868 either, but had assumed I was just to early this year. I update manually every day on my computer, and the other two do the automatic update whenever they sign on. But it has been a long time since I have been told that they update requires me to restart the program. I am concerned about that.

thanks for your response. ATX said they are aware of problem with checkmark...doesn't affect the program updates; even though the site says 4868 has been approved for efiling...ATX says it has not been approved yet. I have been with ATX for 9 years and have never ever experienced an 1hr 22 min try to fix or try to answer my question wait time. Since checkmark by the include program updates has stayed checked...I have been frantic that maybe the program has not been communicating with my forms. Sorry for the babbling...

Hope you have a good day!

But even after today's program update, I still can't create an efile for a form 4868. I have a client leaving the country until after the 18th of April , and I want to file his extension before it slips my mind! I guess once the corporations are done, I devote an afternoon to calling ATX and straightening out some problems.

Well, if it only involves one client you could always take the dinosaur route and mail a paper one in by Certified Mail. That wouldn't prevent you from e-filing it later once the software catches up with your schedule. (I've filed duplicate paper 4868's for the same client many times for vairous reasons - never had a problem to result from the duplicate filings)