ATX Community

Windows 7 - tax software in italics

jasdlm

My computer shot craps. I now have a new system thanks to a great IT guy who works on Saturdays. The problem is, my ATX software is in italics (everything in the software - prints out that way also). My IT guy has tried some internet fixes, and it has taken care of this issue with all of the other programs, but not ATX. Anyone else have this problem?

I have lost probably 10 hours of work timet his weekend . . . couldn't do anything else because I was here with the tech guy and testing this, that, calling internet support, etc.

I am trying not to have a complete breakdown. I am one grouchy wife and mother right now!

If anyone else has had this 'windows 7 italics' problem and fixed it, please let me know. I am not giving client a 1040 in italics, and my IT guy says it probably won't efile, anyway.

AND KU just lost.

I'll quit whining now.

Thanks.

I know this won't make you feel any better. I have ATX on two computers with XP and one with Win 7 64 bit. However, I, too, just spent most of my Sunday with my IT man who was restoring one of my laptops (XP) I wasn't able to install ATX because not only netframe 3, but netframe 2 was corrupted. All is well now, I think. ATX is installed and I have done the restore from the jump drive and done the sync. Just want you to know that I feel your pain. 4:15 on Sunday afternoon and my support just left. I think he got here around noon.

My computer shot craps. I now have a new system thanks to a great IT guy who works on Saturdays. The problem is, my ATX software is in italics (everything in the software - prints out that way also). My IT guy has tried some internet fixes, and it has taken care of this issue with all of the other programs, but not ATX. Anyone else have this problem?

I have lost probably 10 hours of work timet his weekend . . . couldn't do anything else because I was here with the tech guy and testing this, that, calling internet support, etc.

I am trying not to have a complete breakdown. I am one grouchy wife and mother right now!

If anyone else has had this 'windows 7 italics' problem and fixed it, please let me know. I am not giving client a 1040 in italics, and my IT guy says it probably won't efile, anyway.

AND KU just lost.

I'll quit whining now.

Thanks.

Try this website to see if they can help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

ProSystem fx, but you've seen my computer problems lately. So, CCH tech support talked me through which folder to move to laptop to have all my settings in place. But, in working on a return, got a pop-up box that implied I needed to check the box for True Type fonts or else I was going to have to download tax prep fonts each time I printed or opened a new return or something annoying like that. Thought my settings are supposed to be here the same way they were before. And, I certainly didn't download fonts each time I printed a return before. So, I'll have to check returns very carefully now. I would've noticed italics, though! Good luck.

Okay you guys are scaring me here. I just ordered a new laptop with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I trusted the guy at HP on why I needed the 64 bit. Before it is too late, is 64 bit the way to go? He said it is for memory upgrade capabilities.

I use a HP laptop with Win7 Pro 64bit and run ATX without any problems.

AND KU just lost.

I'll quit whining now.

Thanks.

You are missing an ATX critical font. The system then picks the closest thing to it and uses it.

ATX_A Regular

ATX_B Regular

ATX_Logo Regular

ATX_N

ATX_S Regular

All are TTF.

MyComputer/C:DRIVE/Windows/Fonts

If they are not there, try reinstalling the software.

You are missing an ATX critical font. The system then picks the closest thing to it and uses it.

ATX_A Regular

ATX_B Regular

ATX_Logo Regular

ATX_N

ATX_S Regular

All are TTF.

MyComputer/C:DRIVE/Windows/Fonts

If they are not there, try reinstalling the software.

DON'T REINSTALL!!!!! Install on another computer and copy those fonts from computer to computer. If you have it on another computer, copy it from there. You might also use the previous year's folder from the same computer. Ask your tech to do it for you if you want.

I use a HP laptop with Win7 Pro 64bit and run ATX without any problems.

I use a Gateway laptop with Win7 65 bit and run ATX without any problems. This is not the computer that I had issues with and the issues had nothing to do with ATX other than that I couldn't install it because Netframe 2 was corrupt and I couldn't install Netframe 3.

On the backup issue, last night I opened a file in the 2009 program and the forms had no income or expense numbers on them. Got out the 2009 backup disk and was able to restore the file to the correct condition before rolling it over. Just goes to show once again the importance of backups.