ATX Community

Bizarre printing to pdf

Margaret CPA in OH

Several weeks ago I was whining because, when I was printing to pdf to email to clients fo review, the state client copies would not print. I had to print to a file separately then combine. A real time waster... That was finally fixed in some update, I guess, and things were hunky dory until today. With a client today, the federal won't print. AARRRGGGHHHH! I tried 3 times as I have, on occasion, made selection errors ('fess up, you have, too). But, no, I had to print separately and combine.

Am I the only one with this experience? It's snowing again....

I know that was a joke, right? I'm printing to pdf...

And it happened again so I know it wasn't just that return. This time the client has federal and 3 states. The client copy of the federal and one state didn't print but the worksheets did. So I had to print them separately, that worked, and now combine in the order I want the client to review. Getting grumpy...

Had a problem where 1040-ES would not print with the rest of the return when selected. I had to print the vouchers one at a time. (No, that is not related to your problem at all.)

Another thing, it is grueling to do a partnership return, or big individual return. Takes forever. Slow as smoke off cow patties in February.

Is it my computer or ATX?

• Like 1

Had a problem where 1040-ES would not print with the rest of the return when selected. I had to print the vouchers one at a time. (No, that is not related to your problem at all.)

Another thing, it is grueling to do a partnership return, or big individual return. Takes forever. Slow as smoke off cow patties in February.

If your computer is more than 2 years old, it is your computer. TRUST ME ON THIS!!!

JRS, I have never used the ATX pdf printer. I use either pdf factory, full version purchased, or Adobe Pro, vs. 9. I think it's an ATX problem, couldn't possibly me!

RitaB, just how slow is that smoke? On those returns, especially the hunkin' individual returns, I seem to keep stumbling across questions or omitted information no matter how carefully I think I have all in order before data entry. And every time I go back to it, I wonder if I've ever even seen it before. They begin to blur together, sort of like the combined cow patty smoke where there is a herd in a small space. Now isn't that a vision or odor or something?

Ok something I notice a while back, lets say you create a PDF file for a client and let the atx name the file JUANDOE.pdf and you forgot to include the state return intially, guess what if you create a new PDF file and rename it the same, your pdf file will remain the same. For me, when something changes and I need to recreate a pdf, I always delete the orginal pdf then I recreate it using the same name, that solves the problem.

Margaret, try deleting the orginal pdf file first, then recreate it and it should solve your problem.

MAS

Thanks, MAS, I've done that without success. Remember I don't use the ATX writer and I've repeated the selection, from the beginning, 3 times so I was certain I did not overlook the state. I just did another one that also omitted the federal but got 2 states included. I'll just keep on keepin' on and maybe it will, as before when it printed to pdf no states, work itself out someday. One can hope...

They begin to blur together, sort of like the combined cow patty smoke where there is a herd in a small space.

Yes, and you wonder if you are really at a Neil Young concert in 1965, and you are not even an accountant. And, then, there's that phone ring that brings you back to the harsh reality that this is REAL and no cows are involved at all.

• Like 1

>> you're dating yourself<<

Sometimes that's the only date I can get!

As for a Neil Young concert in 1965--I don't think so. Although he had local fans in Canadian coffee houses, he didn't come to the United States until 1966. He didn't get published until two years later, and Horse With No Name wasn't recorded until even more years went by.

>> you're dating yourself<<

Sometimes that's the only date I can get!

As for a Neil Young concert in 1965--I don't think so. Although he had local fans in Canadian coffee houses, he didn't come to the United States until 1966. He didn't get published until two years later, and Horse With No Name wasn't recorded until even more years went by.

"By coincidence, it was "A Horse With No Name" that replaced Young's "Heart of Gold" at the #1 spot on the U.S. pop chart." By America in 1972.

I guess it is not your computer. I thought it was mine; then discussed it with another local preparer who uses ATX. Same thing. Partnerships are the absolute worst and have been for several years. I have learned to practice patience (which is supposed to be a virtue).

I think with the 1040-ES, you need to look at the options menu. There are several items to check or uncheck to get the vouchers to print.