ATX Community

Tech Support for ATX Stinks this year!!

Super Mom

I've had a problem of not being able to transmit my E-Files for 5 days. SEVERAL tech support e-mails went unanswered, 3 faxes to tech support were unanswered as well as desperate emails to customer service. When I tried to use the phone, I would be on hold (bad music) for 30 minutes or so then be disconnected. I FINALLY got a customer service person yesterday who assured me the problem was no credit card on file, and assured me I would be able to transmit within the hour. 10 Hours later, I STILL couldn't transmit. So another call to tech support and was told it was a top priority software problem for this morning. Why just this morning???? I've been PLEADING for help for 5 days!! After a few hours of that I can FINALLY transmit. God PLEASE don't let me have anymore problems this tax season. This is my 2nd long drawn out one, the last one had me in tears. I've probably spent 50+ hours dealing with this stupidity. Anyone else out there feel my pain?

I've had a problem of not being able to transmit my E-Files for 5 days. SEVERAL tech support e-mails went unanswered, 3 faxes to tech support were unanswered as well as desperate emails to customer service. When I tried to use the phone, I would be on hold (bad music) for 30 minutes or so then be disconnected. I FINALLY got a customer service person yesterday who assured me the problem was no credit card on file, and assured me I would be able to transmit within the hour. 10 Hours later, I STILL couldn't transmit. So another call to tech support and was told it was a top priority software problem for this morning. Why just this morning???? I've been PLEADING for help for 5 days!! After a few hours of that I can FINALLY transmit. God PLEASE don't let me have anymore problems this tax season. This is my 2nd long drawn out one, the last one had me in tears. I've probably spent 50+ hours dealing with this stupidity. Anyone else out there feel my pain?

I'm only on my second day but I am already feeling the pain. Don't appear that ATX was ready for the tax season.

Why is ATX support so bad this year? Because ATX support no longer exists. Read the other posts. The ATX support staff was laid off in late December by CCH. All the calls are going to TaxWise customer support people who may not be fully trained or experienced in dealing with ATX products. Like some people, I was on hold for more than 30 minutes before I got through. However, that was only after getting cut off a couple times when I tried to call before. I'm sure the TaxWise staff are doing the best they can. But like us, they probably got caught off guard and now have to deal with angry customers.

Wow don't know where to start.. i've had to figure out solutions on my own.. calls get disconnected, customer support nice people but totally clueless.. it's like the picked up these clerks from the street and put them to answer the phones. When i call is cause i've exhausted all other means including the wonderful "knowledge database"... last thing i want is to be on the phone 1hr and then no solution.. these guys don't even answer emails :angry:

It does stink! First, I had to order my tax folders from Nelco this year. The price went up a lot! Then when I print the cover sheet for my folders, the "client" name and "business" name don't line up in the windows. After many calls and fixes that didn't work, I was told that I had to manually change the master form. (these folders were supposed to be ATX compatable)

And, as of Friday, whenever I create a RAL, something pops up asking me if I want to transmit my Instant RAL now. After almost an hour on hold with tech support, they told me to hit cancel, then go ahead and transmit my RAL. There is supposed to be a fix for this. Nothing so far.

Also, I ordered the Quick Answers Library from CCH. I received last years versions. I called customer service. They said they send whatever they have in stock but that I would receive the new ones this week. (I didn't need another copy of last years!) I called this week when I didn't receive the new ones...they had to put the order in again. Said would be shipped overnight. Two days later I receive two books that I didn't order. I emailed tech support. They now say the orders for the Quick Answers Library are being sent out this next week. Hmmm..when will I receive what I originally ordered in December?!

It does stink! First, I had to order my tax folders from Nelco this year. The price went up a lot! Then when I print the cover sheet for my folders, the "client" name and "business" name don't line up in the windows. After many calls and fixes that didn't work, I was told that I had to manually change the master form. (these folders were supposed to be ATX compatable)

And, as of Friday, whenever I create a RAL, something pops up asking me if I want to transmit my Instant RAL now. After almost an hour on hold with tech support, they told me to hit cancel, then go ahead and transmit my RAL. There is supposed to be a fix for this. Nothing so far.

Also, I ordered the Quick Answers Library from CCH. I received last years versions. I called customer service. They said they send whatever they have in stock but that I would receive the new ones this week. (I didn't need another copy of last years!) I called this week when I didn't receive the new ones...they had to put the order in again. Said would be shipped overnight. Two days later I receive two books that I didn't order. I emailed tech support. They now say the orders for the Quick Answers Library are being sent out this next week. Hmmm..when will I receive what I originally ordered in December?!

I have no problem with software. I have used it for 10 years. I love it. I have to update software everyday. I think the software was good this year for now. RAL and ERC were smooth, better than last year ( That is worth $10 transmitted fee). I will never go to another software company because I don't want to learn their software. ATX is good. ATX is not for everyone. You have to use ATX a few years in order to fall in love their software. Now I am sticking with them.

I have no problem with software. I have used it for 10 years. I love it. I have to update software everyday. I think the software was good this year for now. RAL and ERC were smooth, better than last year ( That is worth $10 transmitted fee). I will never go to another software company because I don't want to learn their software. ATX is good. ATX is not for everyone. You have to use ATX a few years in order to fall in love their software. Now I am sticking with them.

This is my 4th year with ATX. Customer Service has been getting worse each year. I hate having problems...like the folders, the wierd error when sending through RALs and not getting what I ordered back in December. I know not every program is perfect, but sometimes enough is enough. I also update every day. No problem there. I don't like the $10 transmitted fee, plus we were limited this year on what we can charge for our efile fee. I don't agree with that...but what can you do? (switch programs?)

I'm glad you're not having the problems I'm having...I would probably write what you wrote if I wasn't.

In the past I would have agreed with you, but after already waisting over 6 hrs with customer support, I'm leaving after this year. I'm through. It can't be any more difficult to learn a new program than what I have gone through the past several days.

Deb!

This is my 4th year with ATX. Customer Service has been getting worse each year. I hate having problems...like the folders, the wierd error when sending through RALs and not getting what I ordered back in December. I know not every program is perfect, but sometimes enough is enough. I also update every day. No problem there. I don't like the $10 transmitted fee, plus we were limited this year on what we can charge for our efile fee. I don't agree with that...but what can you do? (switch programs?)

I'm glad you're not having the problems I'm having...I would probably write what you wrote if I wasn't.

I ussualy solve the problem by myself and I always post my problem on this post, then there was someone will help me because I don't have time to hold the phone line.

Here is problem solve for your folder : click on Return Manager > Forms> Customizes Master Forms> then open form Client Letter, then click Tools > Delete , then delete 2 row above the word : Federal Tax returns for .... " I got this problem, then I fix by myself.

If you have any problem, Post it on this board, someone will help you. I learned this software from everyone on this board.

Peace.

Tom777

I ussualy solve the problem by myself and I always post my problem on this post, then there was someone will help me because I don't have time to hold the phone line.

Here is problem solve for your folder : click on Return Manager > Forms> Customizes Master Forms> then open form Client Letter, then click Tools > Delete , then delete 2 row above the word : Federal Tax returns for .... " I got this problem, then I fix by myself.

If you have any problem, Post it on this board, someone will help you. I learned this software from everyone on this board.

Peace.

Tom777

I also fixed the problem myself...the point is...there shouldn't BE a problem when Nelco (who now sells the folders for ATX, CCH, whatever) sent me a flyer, which stated that the folders were compatable with ATX. To me, that means, not having to spend time customizing master forms. They should work, period. Call me picky, anal, whatever. If you process a RAL, does a box pop up that states "process your Instant IRAL now"? That shouldn't happen either. Haven't received a fix for that yet. Customer Service is "wonderful" when you have to wait an hour with a client sitting in front of you. And as far as the Quick Answers Library I ordered, it would just be nice to receive what I ordered. Is that too much to ask on my part? You stated in your post "I got this problem, then I fix by myself" - Why should there be problems in the first place? I don't have the time or patience for that. Again, call me picky, anal, whatever. That's just me. We have different opinions on this, which is ok.

Peace.

Tom777

Problem is... you shouldn't HAVE to post it on this board.

Yes it's great for someone that doesn't want to talk on the phone, but you should have that option.

You should be able to call the company that built your program and get help.

They should be knowledgeable of the product they built.

You should not have to wait 6 hours for help.

It's great that you can fix most problems by yourself.

However, what happens when you have a problem that no one on this board can fix?

And you can't fix it yourself?

You should always be able to refer to the makers of your product for support.

With all the time that all of you spend doing tons of returns for your clients, you shouldn't HAVE to waste time fixing technical issues yourself.

Bottom line is that it's just not your job to do that.

It's the technical support team's job to fix your program issues and if they can't help you, that's a bit ridiculous.

Yes it's great for someone that doesn't want to talk on the phone, but you should have that option.

However, what happens when you have a problem that no one on this board can fix?

With all the time that all of you spend doing tons of returns for your clients, you shouldn't HAVE to waste time fixing technical issues yourself.

It's the technical support team's job to fix your program issues and if they can't help you, that's a bit ridiculous.

The more you complaint, the more problems you will have.

Peace .

Tom777

The more you complaint, the more problems you will have.

If it is stinks, Why use it ?. Get another software and get another problems.

I will never touch some thing which is stinks.

Peace

Tom777

Thanks Nicole! I could not have expressed it better myself. I have been on the phone with tech support two times now for a total of about 6 hours. As of now I still do not have any fix. As far as posting my problem on this community, I did that long before I attempted to call support because I do believe that most here are eager to help and probably can help me or others solve most of our problems. When I posted I had very few people who responded. Beth has done her very best to help me but everything she suggested I had already checked. When I spoke to tech support the person I spoke to had absolutely no idea and I honestly believe absolutely no experience with this program. Therefore he was absolutely of no use to me, however he still got paid for the time spent with me. I on the other hand lost 4 hours of my valuable time without getting paid, and then again Monday on an e-file issue that is still not resolved. The tech people get paid for not helping me, I on the other hand get nothing. That's what is so frustrating!

Again thanks for expressing it the way you did.

Deb!