ATX Community

Almost there! Anyone taking vacation after 04/17?

Janitor Bob

Hey gang! I just wanted to "check in". I have not had much of a chance this season to post (or even stop in to lurk). I thought that after my daughter went off to college and left the house to me and the animals, I would have a quite and less hectic tax season....wrong!

I wanted to see where everyone was headed this year for vacation. I have always gone to Siesta Key, FL or Key West, FL...ususally every year for a week around Memorial Day....but due to scheduling conflicts and tight budgets, I will not be going anywhere this year.

OK....break over...back to work!

• Like 1

No vacation. Time off for sure -- as much as I can manage (at least a day or two!).

Heading to Gwen's college tomorrow mid-day to see her in the faculty dance recital Saturday. Putting through my last extensions and returns today. LOTS of extensions this year (and I didn't give folks a choice; I _told_ them) with the new Sch D nonsense and LOTS of late-arriving forms. Plus Monday is the big holiday here (Patriot's Day; we can here the parades and musket fire from our house) so that only leaves Tuesday for folks to reasonably be able to get here. No, thanks. If extensions are in and we make it, good. If extensions are in and we don't make it, good.

Catherine

No vacation until October - it will take me that long to get rested up so I can enjoy it. I have seven returns I want to get done - clients have already been told they are on extension - so if they get done fine, if not fine. Will do extensions Saturday and Sunday, enjoy a very laid back half day on Monday, and off Tuesday. And back to my part time job on Wednesday (I will only be working 45 hours per week). :)

But in October - I am going to DISNEY WORLD........................................FOR A WEEK AND A CRUISE FOLLOWING THAT FOR FOUR DAYS.

• Like 1

Nowhere but the back yard (and hot tub :) ) until May 27, when I head out to DC to visit my sister, and then up to Chambersburg for my college reunion (photo is from the last one), the a hop to Pittsburgh to visit my brothers & friends, and back to DC.

Then a music festival the 4th of July weekend and Burning Man at the end of August. Planning these have kept me sane, especially the last few weeks. I still have a few I need to get out, and all of my extensions to do. Next year, cutoff is March 15.

I may be at my desk through Tuesday midnight. Allergies have led to post-nasal drip and no voice and a sore throat and lots of meds and really dragging for the past few weeks (everything pollinated early and all at once out here). Sent husband to PA/NY for the kids' opening of their bakery:

http://www.thebakeryhancockny.com/default.html

Today he's actually covering the front desk at their Inn (son Manager; daughter-in-law Executive Chef:

http://www.innatstarlightlake.com/

I was out the end of March for a surprise 60th birthday party for my son's mother-in-law/Inn owner but stayed only one night; daughter drove and I vegged (hubby Steve is a church music director and couldn't take off a Sunday in Lent). Steve and I will go out after church on Mothers' Day and stay for a few days for my after-tax-season trip and his pre-surgery trip. He's having his right shoulder replaced in June; left was a year ago. Then daughter who's done it for nine years asked me to join her on Appalachia Service Project to make homes warmer, safer, and drier in July:

http://www.jesseleeasp.org/

Had power tool training last Friday night and am feeling more powerful !!

A week in August is Steve's family reunion at a resort motel on the Cape. He has a bunch of cousins our age, so that's always fun and relaxing -- on our own most days, and then dinners with family.

In November I'll probably attend the CCH User Conference in San Diego. Pricey, but I learn a lot, and it's my time alone treating myself to good food in a nice place. My pre-tax season trip. Although, Steve and I sneak in one more trip to the Inn between Christmas and New Year's.

I wish. Alas, it's out of the frying pan, into the fire. After the 17th I have to gear up to move at month end. And then I have a boat load of 990s for all my non-profits due on 5/15. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a day or two somewhere in there. I haven't had a vacation (more than two consecutive days off) in more than four years! I wonder if that's why I feel so tired all the time?!?!?