ATX Community

New ATX update....Same Old Story

ETax847

I tried to update it. But, I couldn't even open the program. It made me almost panic since I didn't back up the data yet. I tried to restore the system file by going back to the previous date. But It failed. I tried to go back to another previous date but failed again. But somehow, when I tried to open the program, it worked with new update 10. All data is there. I was relieved. It is so stressful that I don't have stable software. It almost harms my health in this busy season. I had to pray for this dumb thing. Try best as you can.

New update gives rise to new bugs too.

Complete box now unchecks itself. And if you go into one of those completed returns and an updated for exists, it could change that return after you had already efiled it, screwing up next years rollovers (should you be crazy enough to buy ATX next year). Rechecking the complete boxes does not help, because as soon as you close ATX and then reopen it it will uncheck the complete box all over again.

Workaround. Create a new custom column for the Return Manager, to indicate your returns are complete and mark it according so you can at least use it to sort your returns. AND DO NOT OPEN A COMPLETE RETURN where the complete box is not checked, recheck the box first then you should have no problem.

• Like 1

Updated to 12.10 on server, rebooted.

Uninstalled all workstations and ran netsetup.

All are working fine. Seems to be a little faster (hopefully optimistic maybe.)

Hello Rob, your picutre looks like it's LaSalle St? Good someone is having luck with netsetup, I cannot get the darn thing to work.

Good catch, MAS. I hadn't even noticed. Is that Marshall Field's, Rob? I'll never forgive Macy's for changing its name! I have a picture called "Meet Me Under the Clock" hanging in my office.

True Chicagoans still call it Marshall Field and the Willis Tower, the Sears Tower. Are you also in the Chicagoland area?

Born and raised, but in CT now. Born in Berwyn, raised in Bellwood. First job at Marshall Field's in Oak Park. After college moved to west coast and now east coast. My sister's still in the Bellwood house, and I own some Montgomery County farm land that my grandfather bought in the 1880's. So, I file an IL NR return!

In Cook County, I had flat, straight roads that got cleared, sidewalks that got shoveled, town water and sewers that worked during blizzards, etc. In CT, I have hilly, twisty roads with no shoulders and no sidewalks and no streetlights to navigate in the snow and ice, a well that won't work when the electricity goes off because a tree fell on the power lines, all the blizzards and tornadoes of IL plus all the hurricanes and nor'easters of the east coast, and schools that close for every snow flake. I thought CT would have a milder climate than IL, but it's more savage, and my living conditions are more primitive.

Born and raised, but in CT now. Born in Berwyn, raised in Bellwood. First job at Marshall Field's in Oak Park. After college moved to west coast and now east coast. My sister's still in the Bellwood house, and I own some Montgomery County farm land that my grandfather bought in the 1880's. So, I file an IL NR return!

I am familiar with Berwyn, we actually own rental property there and I always pass through Bellwood to get to Melrose Park, I am currently in the south loop.

"Chicago....One of my favorite places....just not it the winter."

We always complain about the Chicago winters, but come summer and these excessive heat waves, we really can't wait for winter :)

CT's summers are not as hot and humid as Chicago's. But I spend ten days in July in someplace like VA serving Appalachia Service Project; last summer it was 106 with a really violent storm.

Hey, I'm an ASP alumni and went several years as a youth and then 2 years as one of our group's leaders. That's a great group you are working with! :)

This will be my stepdaughter's 10th year, starting as a youth. A couple of years ago she asked me to go, but it was tax season and the training had started so I was concerned I couldn't give it my all. I blocked out the dates for 2012 and trained and served last year for the first time. ASP is a really great group. Locally, it's sponsored by a church in a neighboring town. This year, I've recruited a few more from my church to join our group. We send about 150 people to five centers (last year included VA, WV, and NC). Our first big Rally is this Wednesday! Now if I can just strengthen my back more before summer, so I don't have to take pain pills...

• Like 1