ATX Community

NT - BOY.....Am I lucky

Elrod

I had to add this joke

An old lady came into her doctor's office and confessed . . .
. . .to an embarrassing problem: "I fart all the time, Doctor Johnson, but they're soundless, and they have no odor. In fact, since I've been here, I've farted no less than twenty times. What can I do?"
"Here's a prescription, Mrs. Barker. Take these pills three times a day for seven days and come back and see me in a week."
The next week, an upset Mrs. Barker marched into Dr. Johnson's office: "Doc, I don't know what was in those pills, but the problem is worse! I'm farting just as much, and they're still soundless, but now they smell terrible! What do you have to say for yourself?"
"Calm down, Mrs. Barker," said the doctor soothingly. "Now that we've fixed your sinuses, we'll work on your hearing!"
  • Like 4

I'm glad that I don't have many people coming today. My husband is fixing corned beef and cabbage. I don't have enough air fresheners to kill that smell.

Oh, I love corned beef and cabbage. But not everyone does, of course. Adding one tablespoon of sugar will not effect the taste but will reduce [not totally eliminate] the distinct smell of the corned beef and cabbage.

I do love it, but it's just not practical to cook it for one. Think I'll go to Arby's tomorrow for a Ruben, though. Pretty fair compromise.

The Ruben is tempting me; even for breakfast. It is snowing here pretty hard and I am hoping to get some work done. Panic is setting in when you divide the number of returns left to do by thirty days.

• Like 1