ATX Community

Class Action

Birddog

If this is not permitted please forgive me. I am new to this board but a 20 year vet with ATX as a customer.

If you are interested in or have been contacted by anyone in reference to a law suit please post. I have talked with an attorney who is an associate (Tax Attorney) and a customer of ATX about this issue. Of course all of us have lost many hours to the problems of ATX for 2012 software and this will wait till after Apr 15.

I for one have switched to Pro Series and no longer using ATX and have not disputed on my credit card as of yet nor asked for a refund. I may do by the end of Mar.

The biggest problem I have with ATX is the dishonesty of their handling of this who thing. I do not believe they know how to fix it and never have. Because of them not being honest and keep "dangling the carrot" with "updates" that I believe they know would not work I left.

I will do a different post on all I looked at before I left.

Once again admin if this post is not appropriate I apologies. I just wanted to see how many others feel like myself.

Birddog, I am on the fence about joining a class action lawsuit. Part of me wants to return to the gool old days when ATX was a good product. If we do a class action lawsuit, they are ruined and I will have no choice but to find another tax preparation software package. I feel like Charlie Brown and they are Lucy. With every update, I trust that this time, I will be able to "kick the ball" and they won't yank it away. I seem to fall for it every time!

At this point, we are still having techical issues with ATX. We don't even bother to call them for help. We just keep working around the problems and then check and double check that the return is correct and safe to efile.

I have asked my ATX sales rep (Gil Watts) for a refund and he never responded to my email. It's like they have given up, and are now hunkering down for the after season tsunami of lawsuits.

• Like 2

I am not an attorney and I understand. I miss the old ATX SO MUCH. Glynn was awesome at the helm and wished he had never sold it. But I will not be surprises if ATX is not even in business next year. I think come any day now or about Apr 15 they are going to throw attractive incentives to move to Tax Wise (CCH product). Or something in that area. But no matter my issue is with how they have handled this "Critical Mistake".

I have emails and phone calls that have still not been answered that were sent over a month ago, I have called and just get hung up on. I have wasted hours with Tech on my computer and at the end we are right were we started.

They get their paychecks, we don't if we can't get our clients work done. Further, for me it is just the fact that my clients (most have been with me for 15 years plus) I have given my word to and will not let them down. ATX does not share that same feeling. It is March 18 and they are still not fixed. I did not pay for a product so I could do work-arounds and alternatives to what I was lead to believe it would do for me.

It is sad that as an ATX user we get excited when one thing gets fixed. It is like buying a car and finding out all four tires are flat but then one gets fixed weeks later and we think that is progress.

I

It is sad that as an ATX user we get excited when one thing gets fixed. It is like buying a car and finding out all four tires are flat but then one gets fixed weeks later and we think that is progress.

Awww. Rings true for me. Pretty pathetic isn't it?

Don't you kinda think it'll be one of those deals where four attorneys make a million dollars, and each claimant gets 27 cents?

That may be true, but a message needs to be sent. Especially since management hasn't stepped up and taken ownership, nor communicated clearly. I find that the most disturbing aspect of this.

• Like 1

It would further irritate me that we would line attorney's pockets, while we are the ones suffering. I am working twice as hard to get less accomplished. I had to file so many Corporate Extensions, that I do not see my way clear into late May. It should not be this way, when we are working so hard and the barriers are unacceptable.

• Like 1

That may be true, but a message needs to be sent. Especially since management hasn't stepped up and taken ownership, nor communicated clearly. I find that the most disturbing aspect of this.

What is most disturbing to me is that I would get 27 cents and four attorneys would make a million dollars. lol.

• Like 6

I agee with hating to line attorneys pockets but I would do that versus letting CCH just do this and nothing happens. I am not even sure if one will take place but wanted to post since I kinow the minute you post something in this area on myatx.com it gets zapped.

But enoght is enought from ATX, like todays email:

. Improved Batch Print Marked Returns functionality.

Seriously, we should be happy with that? Should that not been something that was tested last year? How much does ATX pay for Ginney Pigs, we should know because we are them.

So if someone does not step in and do a class action then so be it. CCH got a FREE PASS and I don't know about you but it cost me a whole lot more than .27 cents.

I agree with Birddog that a class action suit needs to be filed. While it means that the attorneys will line their pockets, a strong message has to be sent. And by the way - there may be a hidden reason why many of our e-mails and phone calls are not being returned - I strongly suspect that the CCH lawyers have already instructed both ATX sales and technical support people to be VERY careful about what they say or write to us. Why? Because this is no longer a computer software program - it is becoming a LEGAL problem. All inbound calls are recorded They keep records of all e-mails. If a class action suit if filed, the attorneys representing us will request all that information - and more, like QA reports on the computer software, e-mails between various ATX employees regarding computer software issues, etc. This whole thing could drag out in years. So, if you are on hold for a very long time, and people are hanging up on you, there is a reason for it - LEGAL reason, why many of the ATX technical and customer service people are not speaking to us now. Anything they say or write to us could be used AGAINST them in a court of law.

Get it? We are all on our own now.

Joanmcq, these are only theories on my part. My point is that the CCH lawyers are not stupid - I'm sure they are reading this and other message boards about ATX (e.g., TaxTalk and comments left on accounting magazines). I worked for a law firm a long time ago - I know how these things work - when you file suit, law firms normally request your records (e-mails, phone recordings, etc). I'm sure the CCH lawyers have to be worried about the paper trail that has already been left at ATX regarding computer software problems, and customers calling or e-mailing complaints about the service. It seems to be based on these posts and other posts at other sites, that ATX technical support are not responding very quickly (if at all) to inbound phone calls, and requests for refunds have fallen on deaf ears (unless you know a good ATX sales rep who can help you).

Let's just see how things shake out after tax season. Maybe ATX will make some major amends (large discounts), or something like that. I'm sure they are already examining the financial and PR fallout on all this, and hopefully they will come up with a good game plan.

Joanmcq, these are only theories on my part. My point is that the CCH lawyers are not stupid - I'm sure they are reading this and other message boards about ATX (e.g., TaxTalk and comments left on accounting magazines). I worked for a law firm a long time ago - I know how these things work - when you file suit, law firms normally request your records (e-mails, phone recordings, etc). I'm sure the CCH lawyers have to be worried about the paper trail that has already been left at ATX regarding computer software problems, and customers calling or e-mailing complaints about the service. It seems to be based on these posts and other posts at other sites, that ATX technical support are not responding very quickly (if at all) to inbound phone calls, and requests for refunds have fallen on deaf ears (unless you know a good ATX sales rep who can help you).

Let's just see how things shake out after tax season. Maybe ATX will make some major amends (large discounts), or something like that. I'm sure they are already examining the financial and PR fallout on all this, and hopefully they will come up with a good game plan.

I think you could use some Xanax. This has become much too personal to you and your ranting and conjectures are becoming stale.

• Like 3

I don't think I would join a suit - unless they pulled the plug on the product and left us hanging. Then I might. Otherwise, I am going to stick it out and just keep ranting about it. When it comes down to it, I would be really excited for the new version if the damn thing worked. I see lots of potential for making it better than the old product was. But it needs to work. I will probably re-up next year if they still exist. But it won't be early, I will wait for the last minute.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 6

I don't think I would join a suit - unless they pulled the plug on the product and left us hanging. Then I might. Otherwise, I am going to stick it out and just keep ranting about it. When it comes down to it, I would be really excited for the new version if the damn thing worked. I see lots of potential for making it better than the old product was. But it needs to work. I will probably re-up next year if they still exist. But it won't be early, I will wait for the last minute.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Ditto, Tom. I am hoping that they will be able to iron out the kinks during the off season and come back strong next year. I really do think there are some great features lurking under the bugs. I've looked at several other packages and ATX is the best value for the type of practice I have. I just hope they are able to survive.

Gina

• Like 5

It would further irritate me that we would line attorney's pockets, while we are the ones suffering. I am working twice as hard to get less accomplished. I had to file so many Corporate Extensions, that I do not see my way clear into late May. It should not be this way, when we are working so hard and the barriers are unacceptable.

But it is ok to line CCH's pockets, when they sell you an unworkable Alpha version of a tax software, causing all your problems in the 1st place?