ATX Community

Update 12.12 Anyone installed it yet? It is on the ATX site.

Jack from Ohio

guess what...at some juncture when you update the forms, it's going to update the software version also;
Not if you take program updates off of auto update. They did try to make everyone get to at least one point of update. There are still people out there running 12.8 (or older) per the other board. At some point tech can't deal with problems if people refuse to update at all.

guess what...at some juncture when you update the forms, it's going to update the software version also;

I believe that ATX stopped having the program updates work from the program. Follow what Joan said.

We all speak from lots of BAD experiences with all the program updates. Pay attention and save yourself some grief.

Wish we hadn't updated to 12.12. We thought it was slow before this. This is terrible. Do they test this stuff before they send out an update?

Nobody answers the phone unless you're willing to wait on hold for at least an hour. When they answer the phone and told you their name, that's all they know. They have not responded to even one of our emails for technical support let alone call back. Is there anybody out there? It's like a ghost ship on the ocean in a fog and the crew has abandoned the ship. If we get through this tax season it will be a miracle. We gave up trying to file all of our corporate extensions through ATX and manually filed them. At the rate it was going it was going to take a day and a half.

Although I am using Drake for all my returns now, I was one of the unlucky few to have filed too many to get a refund, so still have ATX.

I installed ATX 12.12 just to test and it is not one IOTA better or faster than the previous versions.

Still not a viable tax product anymore. 2 minutes to load software and about the same to load client returns on the server and about 7 minutes for each task on the workstations is not even close to acceptable. Lag between input is also still a problem.

As even the people at RavenDB have said:

"{Quote Oren @ RavenDB} It is simply that this is not a supported configuration, it is going to cause problems, from the slowness that you already noted to data corruption bugs to a lot of other stuff.
You are not supposed to use this on a network share."

Since it took them essentially 4 years to give us ATX 2012, I wouldn't expect them to fix it much faster.

One more thing. As for me, I have noted at least 3 returns so far that changed upon efile, submitting different numbers than the prepared and printed returns.

These are returns I now have to amend, because ATX dropped out information input into the package. I can no longer trust the accuracy of this product. I hope mine were isolated incidents, but warn others to carefully check to make sure this does not or has not happened to them

I have two friends using ATX. one of my friends has noted similar problems, the other seems to be ok.

I have. The first time I tried, it crashed the system, and the program closed. Reopened the program, and tried again, with success. Compared the import data with the actual k-1 and all info was exactly as it should be.

Be forewarned, the import process is VERY SLOW .

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

Thank you. I haven't yet upgraded from 12.10, but the K-1 import would help.

Do NOT do 12.11. So far 12.12 has been good for me, but 12.11 was a disaster for the network. Wait and see what happens before doing anything.

If you do 12.12, it will do/fix all that 12.11 would have done.

Thanks Jack. Since I am doing fine with 12.10, I will just wait and see. I really have no major complaints at the moment. Again, standalone, Win 7 64; i5 with 16 G Ram.