ATX Community

You guys and gals amaze me

JJStephens

I pull stuff out of the dryer to wear. Eventually what's remaining gets put away. I met my clients in socks but no shoes today. Still only wearing socks....

I've been wearing socks and no shoes for weeks. Sweats as soon as the last client leaves for the day.

Yes, this board is really amazing.

• Like 1

I get the clothes laundered, but not until my husband starts asking me if his underwear is in the dryer. I give him his socks and underwear to fold and put away. I hang up his shirts out of the dryer in the basement; he can bring them up when the wrinkles have hung out. I do fold his sweaters as he makes a mess of them. But, my own clothes?! I had such a huge pile on the guest bed that I brought up all my laundry baskets and have a basket for socks and underwear, a basket for jammies, slippers, and the fleece tops/sweaters/sweatshirts I wear over them, one for exercise clothes and sweats, and a stack of nice tops and sweaters still on the bed. That's as organized as I can get now. When no clients are here, I'm in my flannel jammies and fuzzy slippers with a sweatshirt or something over. Our clothes are so over-dried and wrinkled. I set the dryer and then the phone rings so by the time I get back to the basement the clothes are cold, so I turn the dryer back on to warm them up so I can fluff them and shake out the wrinkles but then a client drops by and.... And, I've used up all my baskets. Oh yeah, and a stack of rugs and towels on the guest bed and another stack of Christmas linens and clothing that I won't need until December anyway. At least hubby folds the sheets for me.

• Like 4

Lion, you summed it up perfectly. The laundry gets done when one of us is out of underwear! I also have piles of personal paperwork, semi-sorted, that needs attention too. Bills to be paid, paid bills to be filed, mail that I'll look at someday. The only paperwork that is current is that the bills do get paid on time. At least my office looks fairly neat and tidy, and I do draw the line at not meeting the clients in sweats and slippers. That's ok for when I'm not seeing clients. I do at least pull on a nice shirt or sweater and some sort of nicer slacks.

My Mom is here this weekend (for the third time since tax season started) - she has done all my laundry since 15 February. I just save it up (by default). I used to feel guilty about it, but when my 7 year old became concerned that he wasn't going to have anything to wear, i got over it. I bought her a purse, took her to get her nails done, and piled up my laundry :).

OK, hubby's underwear is in the dryer; I can make it through the rest of tax season! I keep wearing the same dress slacks and sweater when clients come by, until the sweater needs cleaning and gets swapped out; the slacks have made it through a long time with no spills for the short time I'm in dress clothes.

• Like 1

I got woke up today by the dog barking because clients are at the door. They didn't mind I was in jammie pants and the shirt I was wearing yesterday. I did get 8 hours of sleep though! I'm about out of bras. Only the sports bras got washed in the last laundry run. Guess it's time to throw in another load.

Eight hours of sleep is a luxury! I've been limping along due to only averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Next Tuesday may not exist as I might just sleep through it.

I had one close call where I threw on clothes and met with a client who I worked with at one time, and she knows I'm not a morning person. It wasn't my fault. It was the stupid alarm clock that has the option to have the alarm set for weekends, weekends or all days. Well, the alarm was set to go off but only on the weekends. It has way too many buttons, and I inadvertantly changed the setting when I shut off the alarm the morning before! The designer of this clock should be fired. lol

I don't like my clients seeing me with bed head or sheet wrinkles embossed on my face or looking like these --> :unsure::wacko::blink::spaz:

• Like 1

You are all too funny! It feels good to know that I am not the only one scrounging for socks without holes and clothing without dog hair. One year, my husband went out and bought plastic forks, spoons and paper plates!

Eight hours of sleep is a luxury! I've been limping along due to only averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Next Tuesday may not exist as I might just sleep through it.

The most frustrating part of tax season is that I wake up between 4 and 5:30, without the alarm, even on Sunday, when I don't work, and church doesn't start till 10:45. It is maddening. But my underwear is clean, so I guess it works out.

• Like 2

The most frustrating part of tax season is that I wake up between 4 and 5:30, without the alarm, even on Sunday, when I don't work, and church doesn't start till 10:45. It is maddening. But my underwear is clean, so I guess it works out.

My alarm wakes me at 4:10. I am in the office by 5:00. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk. Out of the office between 9 and 10. Asleep by 10:45. Besides being grateful for you all, I am also grateful that there is an end to this madness. Like a lot of you, I have had 3 days off since the first of the year and am looking forward to getting back to my part time 60 hours per week job.

This truly is a GREAT forum. Thanks all!

• Like 1

One morning a grandmother was surprised to be awakened by her 7 year old grandson, who had made her a cup of coffee. Smiling, she drank what had to be the worst coffee she had ever tasted. At the bottom of the cup she found 3 small green army men. Puzzled, she asked him, "Honey, why are there these Army men in the cup?"

Her grandson answered, "Like it says on TV, Grandma. The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup."

• Like 2

You are all too funny! It feels good to know that I am not the only one scrounging for socks without holes and clothing without dog hair. One year, my husband went out and bought plastic forks, spoons and paper plates!

We use a LOT of paper plates during tax season. Sometimes, we just eat our chips right out of the bag and drink our beer or soda from the can. :(

• Like 2

In addition to having sleep apnea, I have a condition called lucid dreaming. While I'm asleep I'm often consciously thinking. I've figured out several tax issues while asleep, I've done entire sermon outlines in my sleep. I was once having trouble setting up a computer network. Worked on it for three days. In my sleep I figured it out, woke myself up and in 30 minutes had it running.

That little 'gift' comes in handy at times . . . but most of the time it's a royal pain! Sure doesn't make for very restful sleep.

• Like 2