ATX Community

NT - BEST INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO YOU WILL EVER SEE EVER.

kcjenkins

Great video. We also should be instilling in our young girls and women that trying to be as skinny as a Barbie doll, getting breast implants, and dressing like Brittany Spears does not make you beautiful.

My younger friends that are moms of little girls have mentioned the big difference in shopping for boys vs girls clothes. The boys dept has loose mid- to lower-thigh length shorts and standard fit t-shirts while the girls dept has tight fitting tank tops with spaghetti straps and tight cropped shorts with some that allow little girls butt cheeks to show.

Elrod, listen again. You will get it.

Judy, the truth is that if the Mom's refuse to buy trash, they will stop carrying it. Little kids, and even most teenagers, do not have the ability to pay for the stuff, so the parents can, if they grow a spine, control what their kids wear. Plus, if they make it plain WHY they object, and keep reminding their kids that they are "better than that" and should have more self-respect than to dress like whores, or 'gangstas' [because the same conversations should be held with the boys] it will have an effect. You don't, if you are smart, expect them to agree with you. Teenagers think it's REQUIRED to disagree with parents. But the thoughts you plant are still sitting in their heads, you know. And deep down, if your's is a loving home, normal kids want to please their parents, and want their parents to be proud of them. But we have to let them know what we expect, and not be so afraid of making them angry that we keep our thoughts to ourselves. And always, we should let them know that if they want trash, they have to earn the money to pay for it, we will not. Nor will we let them go out dressed in trash!

Maybe you should mention to those 'younger moms' that they might be making their little girls more of a target to the pedofiles ?

• Like 1

KC, maybe I wasn't clear about my mom friend's comments. They ARE raising their children as you say, and they were making the comments out of their disgust for the style of clothing for the little girls and their disgust of the double standard of the trashy clothing for girls and not so for the boys. They were trying to do their shopping for school clothes.

• Like 1

My older girl has the most wonderful way with words. She (at the grand old age of 23) is disgusted by the way people let their pre-teen and young teen girls dress. She has coined a new term for these girls:

"prostitots"

She also has a wonderful term for those super-short shorts the older teen girls wear, that have the pockets *longer* than the shorts themselves.

"cargo panties"

I love that girl.

• Like 2

My older girl has the most wonderful way with words. She (at the grand old age of 23) is disgusted by the way people let their pre-teen and young teen girls dress. She has coined a new term for these girls:

"prostitots"

She also has a wonderful term for those super-short shorts the older teen girls wear, that have the pockets *longer* than the shorts themselves.

"cargo panties"

I love that girl.

How does she describe what Miley Cyrus just did on MTV? I would love to hear the term....

Her father is very proud of her and does not see anything wrong. She is trying to do what Madonna and Lady Gaga did before her.

That is so sad. I remember watching an interview several years ago with Billy Ray talking to Glen Beck, where he said "I want to be my daughter's best friend." Glen at that time suggested, very gently, that he needed to be "her Dad, not her friend". How right he was.

• Like 2

Well the true test will be if she starts selling more albums and booking more shows. If she starts making more money it would be a success from her perspective, no matter how many other people felt offended by that show.

Well the true test will be if she starts selling more albums and booking more shows. If she starts making more money it would be a success from her perspective, no matter how many other people felt offended by that show.

Which, in a way, will be more of a commentary on the culture than on anything she did. Sad, really. So many talented young people turn themselves into "meat" under a mistaken idea that it makes them important rather than pathetic.

• Like 2

Her father is very proud of her and does not see anything wrong. She is trying to do what Madonna and Lady Gaga did before her.

So, let me get this straight.

Madonna: cone boobs. Lady Gaga: Telephone hat. Miley Cyrus: sticks tongue out for an entire performance.

I think she's doing it wrong. Madonna and Lady Gaga might be considered artists. Mylie Cyrus' hillbilly retard father donated her body to the entertainment industry in exchange for success and fortune. She is the result of an image constructed in a board room by a team of marketing people. If she possesses any creativity of her own, she hasn't been allowed to show it.

• Like 1