ATX Community

email from atx

michaelmars

Just received this:

ATX 2013 Preview Successfully Concludes

The ATX 2013 Preview has come to a close. Over the course of three weeks, your peers tested an advance version of ATX 2013 software. Preview participants provided input on ATX software across critical performance areas such as stand-alone and network installation, speed and stability and on features such as Client Letter functionality, Print functionality and Return Manager.

The ATX 2013 Preview is a critical step in the software development process. It is important to us to get out of the development lab and get real-world feedback from the people who use the software every day. We are in the process of compiling that feedback now.

Look for a summary of ATX 2013 Preview results in the coming weeks.

I will be posting soon about my recommendations and experiences. I am doing much more testing and will post those results and recommendations as well.

How long does it take you to move from one cell to another on k1 entry and rental property? Are you able to get low enough resources to open more than one return? I sent a return to Kim @ ATX and internally on a standalone (since they do not network) was having it take 4 sec+ to move from cell to cell. I was told the plan is to get it back to the speed of 11 but I personally do not see it happening.

Are you one of the preview (beta) testers? If not, how can you make such solid observations and conclusions? Sounds like you need to review a lot of the information that has been posted here in the last 2 months.

Yeah I am a tester. A lot of the information on here and the official site are because of me and the work we did with ATX. Because of me they got in contact with a developer at Raven and determined the software will not properly run with an embedded database.

I do recall that controversy whether ATX disregarded the warnings from Raven DB not to embed the DB within the code and then create a shadow copy at each workstation because the DB was not designed for that and the possibility of record corruption exists upon write back.

Like you even know what a database is or how it works....

When I was in my 20s I used to program financial applications using a language called C and use a database called Btrieve +.

Does that ring a bell, Mr. Techie?

Not sure if

Knock it off, children. Please. I don't want to ban either of you, so lets go back to behaving professionally.

Not sure if this is directed at me. I must have hit a sensitive spot with Jack and he has reacted by blocking me. I figured out this afternoon what was causing the program slowness and just want to pass it on to people that can make a difference.

No, it was directed at Taxed and Jack. I think it's going to stop now. They both have strong opinions, but just got too personal. I respect them both as tax professionals, it's just not good to turn different POV into a personal issue.

You need to let Jack know that about me as well. He is so protective of ATX like it is his child and got offended when I was not convinced anything good came out of the CAB meeting. Had nothing to do with him but the people at ATX.

Not sure if

Not sure if this is directed at me. I must have hit a sensitive spot with Jack and he has reacted by blocking me. I figured out this afternoon what was causing the program slowness and just want to pass it on to people that can make a difference.

Just post it here for the rest of the ATX users to see. That is the purpose of this board.

It's nothing new. Point at your name in the upper right and choose either "My Settings" or "Manage Ignore Prefs" and from either of those, user names can be entered for those that you choose to block. For those users that are blocked, their posts are minimized in the thread and there is a choice within the thread to view it anyway. You will still see a blocked user's post if someone else quotes them though. The block function has separate blocking of posts, signature lines, and even personal messages.

It's nothing new. Point at your name in the upper right and choose either "My Settings" or "Manage Ignore Prefs" and from either of those, user names can be entered for those that you choose to block. For those users that are blocked, their posts are minimized in the thread and there is a choice within the thread to view it anyway. You will still see a blocked user's post if someone else quotes them though. The block function has separate blocking of posts, signature lines, and even personal messages.

Thanks so much, nice feature

Now where is the option to ignore my pia clients?

• Like 1