ATX Community

CCH SFS Launches ATX 2013 Roadshow

grmy2h

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/CCH-SFS-Launches-ATX-2013-Roadshow-68607-1.html

CCH Small Firm Services will embark on a mulit-city roadshow later this month to demonstrate the improvements made to its ATX 2013 professional tax software.

The roadshow kicks off in New York at the N.Y. Marriot East Side on November 20 and then in Brooklyn, N.Y., on November 22 at the N.Y. Marriot Brooklyn. The show will conclude in Atlanta on December 12 and is designed to give tax professionals in markets across the country the opportunity for hands-on testing of ATX 2013 software.

“We know there are a lot of tax professionals who are eager to see ATX 2013 for themselves, and we are eager to share it with them,” said Kerri Gibson, director, product management – small professional segment, at CCH SFS. “We developed the ATX 2013 Roadshow to give tax professionals the opportunity to try ATX 2013 and experience firsthand the changes we have made to the software.”

Ah yes, - road shows.

Lots of interesting experiences with road shows.

Reminds me of the time I was standing booth duty with a line of electronics equipment for the medical industry and the president of the company was preparing to demonstrate it to a prospect.

As he switched it on, he said "The first thing you notice is the sound of the cooling fan."

After a couple of seconds of deafening silence, the customer observed that the power light was on but the fan wasn't running.

The president never blinked, he replied "Solid state fan...;" and kept right on with his presentation.

What I found interesting is they don't tell users, they put it in the media first! If it is good enough for the road it should be good enough for the users!! I may try to juggle my schedule and do an overnighter to NYC! So close to Thanksgiving my wife will be happy to hear about a road trip! She may even want to meet ATX and give them a dose of her "Irish" over last year. I am still very interested in Jack's report and if anyone at ATX can tell him what they are showing on the road.

For anyone here that might not have received the email with the locations and dates, here they are:

ATX 2013 Roadshow Schedule

Manhattan – Wednesday, November 20
New York Marriott East Side
525 Lexington Avenue at 49th Street
New York, New York 10017
Register Now

Brooklyn – Friday, November 22
New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
333 Adams Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Register Now

Chicago – Monday, December 2
Embassy Suites Hotel O'Hare - Rosemont
5500 North River Road
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Register Now

Registration for the following Roadshows will be announced soon.

Houston – Wednesday, December 4
Email me when registration opens

Los Angeles – Friday, December 6

Miami – Monday, December 9

Atlanta – Thursday, December 12

Wish there was at least one on the west coast besides LA. And central, besides Houston or Chitown.

Wonder who decides these locations? If only one on the entire west coast, why not a more central location? SF has plenty of possible locations. Las Vegas always has cheap flights and packages from all over.