ATX Community

Word is NO BOOKS from CCH this year

BulldogTom

I have a "Preferred Customer" discount for $47

That is great. I believe if you are a member of a professional society you can get a discount by using promo code Y5975 at checkout at the CCH website order site.

That is more like a 20% discount off retail price, yet CCH would not give that discount to a loyal past customer for ATX 2013 price Does that make sense?

Since you are not currently an ATX user, nor will you be using it for 2013, I fail to see any reason for you to post anything about pricing, operation or issues with ATX software.

Please explain your continual "stirring up" of issues about ATX?

Since you are not currently an ATX user, nor will you be using it for 2013, I fail to see any reason for you to post anything about pricing, operation or issues with ATX software.

Please explain your continual "stirring up" of issues about ATX?

Because I like to and you can't stop me from posting my views or opinions.

Any member on this board who does not like to read what I say can just block me or skip over, including you.

Jack, some of us that have moved to other software as our primary vendor may still be considering ATX as a backup. No one posting here should have answers demanded of them, and no one here owes anyone else an explanation or answer on what software they will be using. More specifically, the posts by Taxed do not violate any rules we have set up here, so please stop following up with comments on whether her posts are appropriate or not. I've removed your comment about political affiliation that does not belong in the general chat area.

To both of you, please cut out the sparring. It adds nothing except to continue the negative tone that this board has had this year.

• Like 2

Jack, some of us that have moved to other software as our primary vendor may still be considering ATX as a backup. No one posting here should have answers demanded of them, and no one here owes anyone else an explanation or answer on what software they will be using. More specifically, the posts by Taxed do not violate any rules we have set up here, so please stop following up with comments on whether her posts are appropriate or not. I've removed your comment about political affiliation that does not belong in the general chat area.

To both of you, please cut out the sparring. It adds nothing except to continue the negative tone that this board has had this year.

Your calling me out on this is amusing.

After all the hours of time and extensive testing an research I have done personally, Taxed has made derisive comments about everything I post concerning ATX2013. I am honoring my NDA to actually post information to reveal how massively uninformed and jaded she is against ATX2013. The firm and I are NOT having a "backup" program based on my experiences, testing and evaluations.

Taxed is NOT being critical at all of the software she has chosen to use. (Drake)

I am overdue for one of your "politically correct enforcement" warnings, so I figure this post will get it for me.

Taxed's derision of my experiences, research and recommendations insults my intelligence as a professional. However, because I cannot post the items and information that would cause her to cease, I must become amused instead.

My name is Jack from Ohio and I approved this rant!!!

• Like 2

OK, Jack, I do understand your frustration with her posts. I share a number of them. But Judy is right that you should just ignore her rather than upping the fight each time. And on this forum, leave off the political zingers, at least. We all know she has a serious bias against the GOP, you don't need to remind us every time.

Your calling me out on this is amusing.

After all the hours of time and extensive testing an research I have done personally, Taxed has made derisive comments about everything I post concerning ATX2013. I am honoring my NDA to actually post information to reveal how massively uninformed and jaded she is against ATX2013. The firm and I are NOT having a "backup" program based on my experiences, testing and evaluations.

Taxed is NOT being critical at all of the software she has chosen to use. (Drake)

I am overdue for one of your "politically correct enforcement" warnings, so I figure this post will get it for me.

Taxed's derision of my experiences, research and recommendations insults my intelligence as a professional. However, because I cannot post the items and information that would cause her to cease, I must become amused instead.

My name is Jack from Ohio and I approved this rant!!!

Judy is the biggest defender of the panda because they share the same political bent. Like most liberals, they can overlook any behavior that they feel advances their political bent, even though the same behavior would be an afront to them when directed at them.

Do like I did Jack, just block the panda and Judy from your posts. The board is a much more pleasant place when you don't read anything either of them post. Finding the blocked button, and finding out I can use it on a moderator as well, has been the greatest single find on this board. I don't read anything that they say, therefore I don't get upset at the drivel they spout.

My name is Bulldogtom, and I approve of this message.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2

I wonder how long they will continue to print if we don't raise a stink about it? It is clear to me that they are pushing their books onto Intelliconnect so that they can market that product to us. If we have to use Intelliconnect to get the materials that we want and need, they can expose us to more marketing. "Look at all the other stuff Intelliconnect does? Don't you want these things?" Then the bundles will start coming out, and if you want a certain product, you have to buy the bundle that it comes in. Just like the cable companies do. I can't get just the ESPN channels on my service, I have to get 18 foreign language, 12 news, 8 public service, 15 shopping and 20 other channels to get ESPN. Then I have to buy 50 more channels I don't want to get ESPN U and ESPN 3. I think CCH will follow this model. If you want MTG, you have to buy this bundle. The express answers will be in the next level up. I could be wrong, but this is how I see it coming down. They are going to take away what we want, only to give it back to us in the package that they want to deliver it in.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Judy is the biggest defender of the panda because they share the same political bent. Like most liberals, they can overlook any behavior that they feel advances their political bent, even though the same behavior would be an afront to them when directed at them.

Do like I did Jack, just block the panda and Judy from your posts. The board is a much more pleasant place when you don't read anything either of them post. Finding the blocked button, and finding out I can use it on a moderator as well, has been the greatest single find on this board. I don't read anything that they say, therefore I don't get upset at the drivel they spout.

My name is Bulldogtom, and I approve of this message.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Another Conservative poster just publicly accused a moderator Judy, and I note the silence of the other moderator KC Jenkins response to this poster to set the record straight.

I wonder how long they will continue to print if we don't raise a stink about it? It is clear to me that they are pushing their books onto Intelliconnect so that they can market that product to us. If we have to use Intelliconnect to get the materials that we want and need, they can expose us to more marketing. "Look at all the other stuff Intelliconnect does? Don't you want these things?" Then the bundles will start coming out, and if you want a certain product, you have to buy the bundle that it comes in. Just like the cable companies do. I can't get just the ESPN channels on my service, I have to get 18 foreign language, 12 news, 8 public service, 15 shopping and 20 other channels to get ESPN. Then I have to buy 50 more channels I don't want to get ESPN U and ESPN 3. I think CCH will follow this model. If you want MTG, you have to buy this bundle. The express answers will be in the next level up. I could be wrong, but this is how I see it coming down. They are going to take away what we want, only to give it back to us in the package that they want to deliver it in.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Maybe we should try this business model. I could start telling my customers that I now bundle tax preparation with check book balancing, at a low introductory price provided they pay 9 months in advance of using the service. Think that will work?

Getting back to the original of this segment - according to word from my ATX rep the MAX package at least will contain a "printed copy of MTG". So I am expecting to receive it in print !

Yes, but it appears that Quick Answers will be presented either online of PDF.; unfortunately. I use them both as they often tie together. Again, Less for More.

Jack, I know that you've been frustrated by the retorts each time Taxed or other former ATX users post something against ATX, and I also do realize that you have been limiting your responses because of the NDA. You may choose to not take my word for it, but I *do* appreciate that you and the other beta testers have taken your personal time to go through that process for little reward other than to make ATX a better product. I've tried to stop commenting about ATX other than for what I have experience with (the conversions and the refund policy), and in those few instances I did so with my only intent being to try to help others here that may be affected in those areas, or so that they wouldn't be hurt by not being aware of CCH's refund policy because the salespeople don't know what it says either.

I don't always agree with everything the user, Taxed, posts either. I think all of us should stop the sparring posts and get back to posting what we know about firsthand and in the vein of trying to be helpful to each other. No one benefits by this continued ugliness.

As for always only sticking up for only one side, that isn't entirely true either. I do try to be fair, and since the time I was made moderator, I have also asked the poster named Taxed (both publicly and privately in PMs) to tone it down, to not post the jabs, and let things go. Some of you might recall that just last week I took Jack's side when someone else said his posts had a "holier than thou" tone. I'll stick up for and defend either side if someone is violating the rules. Sometimes KC gets to it first and other times it happens to be me. Just because I stick up for one side at that time does not mean that I don't recognize that posts from another POV are made out of frustration or that I wouldn't stand by the other side in another instance.

To Taxed, I don't need KC to stand up for me with Bulldog Tom or anyone else. Each of us are able to block anyone we choose and for whatever reason, even if that is simply because of political affiliation. It is the way this forum is set up and doesn't bother me in the least.

Sorry for the hijack and sorry for not answering earlier as I've been offline all afternoon. I'm only answering here because of the accusations of me being one-sided and some other issues were made in this topic.

• Like 1

Judy, I want to publicly state that you have been a very fair moderator and you have told me to tone down as well. The people who accuse you of bias do not know you perhaps do not appreciate all the effort you put to be a moderator.

I have been warned by KC several times as well, and it is obvious that she and I have 180 degree apart political views, and she has stated publicly here that some of my posts bother her. She too is doing her job as a moderator.

• Like 1