ATX Community

TO THE FRIENDS OF FLORIDA TAX MAN

FLORIDA TAX MAN

TO THE FRIENDS OF FLORIDA TAX MAN:

who come to these boards AND who go to the "official" ATX boards and post there, PLEASE inform them on the ATX boards that ATX has denied my access to the ATX boards.

Since I can not recall doing anything to warrant being banned, AND since my access disappearred over the February 1st weekend when I was away, I can only guess it is because I did NOT RENEW ATX 2013 by January 31st.

Since I can not access it to say GOODBYE, please pass along my good wishes.

(If I did do something bad they sure did not tell me. But then communication does not appear to be an ATX strong suit)

ON THE BLACKLIST WITH RED REDDINGTON

I haven't used atx since 2011 and I am still on the boards. my link got blocked last week, but I signed up again in a round about way. go to "atxinc.com" ; my atx ; community board ; then log in with your old customer code and you should be directed to create a new password. I did it and I got back in.

I haven't used atx since 2011 and I am still on the boards. my link got blocked last week, but I signed up again in a round about way. go to "atxinc.com" ; my atx ; community board ; then log in with your old customer code and you should be directed to create a new password. I did it and I got back i

That didn't work for me, and I was also cut off around the beginning of the Feb. I can still access everything on the MyATX site EXCEPT the community.

FTM, good luck!! I hope you have a good tax season!!! I never thought Red would be bought by ATX and nailed you, Big Jim definitely but not Red!!

Send me a note every so often, your levity was always a good break during this chaos know as tax season. Mine starting out much better than last year.

Jerry

so what software did you go to?

and you are right the official ATX board is for only ATX users

For the current year, I went with Tax Act, as that is still compatible with my system and my communications provider. Next year I will have to change to something else systemwise and don't know if Ill stay with Tax Act or try others. I will consider ATX next year BUT I am still skeptical. As you know some said ATX 2013 worked great for them, AND other reported serious problems mirroring ATX 2012, which deeply concerns me. I don't want to shell out money to be ATX compatible just to have it crash upteen times a day and have a poor software support system like phone holding for hours and techs with attitudes.

I also wonder if ATX will be here in 2015 or merged into the CCH product Taxwise. I would have liked to have had board access if only allowed to read comments/problems by current ATX users. But CCH likes it's secrecy. Oh well.

I was wondering what happened to you. First BillH, now you, who's next? Thanks to Trevor, he posted your post from here.

We'll stay in touch, hang in there brother.

Bill

Bill, thank Trevor for me. It was a shock to see that big "Access is denied for Florida Tax Man" notice come up. No explanation.

I guess ATX is cleaning house. I was hoping to beat ChazTax in the number of posts but hey I guess he is still King of the post count. I guess Bill H of Pittsburgh got canned as well. And now I see Judy is barred too. Wonder how many ATX customers are actually left.

Good luck with tax season.

That didn't work for me, and I was also cut off around the beginning of the Feb. I can still access everything on the MyATX site EXCEPT the community.

Judy, they got you too. I thought I read a while ago that you dropped ATX last year but still had access. That gave me hope I'd still be there barring any bad behavior. But now you have confirmed for me that ATX is dumping us. Not wise if you hope to get a customer to return in the future. Shame on CCH. I wonder how many of us will be thrown out for not renewing ?? Nevermind having been a paying customer for years, through 2012.

I haven't used atx since 2011 and I am still on the boards. my link got blocked last week, but I signed up again in a round about way. go to "atxinc.com" ; my atx ; community board ; then log in with your old customer code and you should be directed to create a new password. I did it and I got back in.

We'll see if that works. But even IF it did, the MODS seeing a post/thread by us outcasts might prompt immediate banning.

FTM, good luck!! I hope you have a good tax season!!! I never thought Red would be bought by ATX and nailed you, Big Jim definitely but not Red!!

Send me a note every so often, your levity was always a good break during this chaos know as tax season. Mine starting out much better than last year.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. Good luck to you too for your tax season. My best to all the ATXers whether they are lucky enough to have ATX 2013 work great OR if they are not so lucky and have to wade through the Raven Poopie.

All the best to you FTM. Although it is not a goodbye you will be missed by many on the other board with your humor, wit, and insights into the problems that seem to still persist.

You've made your mark there, not by the quantity of posts, but by the quality of your heart.

Bill

Haven't used for 4 years.....

I went to atxinc.com....

Click on - My ATX...

Click on - Community Board....

Entered old client ID #...seven digits....

next box...ADMIN

Put in old password....had to change password, cause I'm old.

Click on community........................................................................GOT IN

Undoubtedly, FTM has been blocked by the admins of the Official Board. The Admin there has the power and authority to do that.

Well Jack you may be right but I had a curious thing happen that may suggest it's not the administrator or Mods of the forum site.

Today my account rep telephoned me (not the first time) and wanted to know if I wanted to renew for ATX 2013. i told her my system did not pass the muster of ATX minimum requirements which was true and maybe later in the year I would buy a new system. She said OK. I asked her why I could not access the Forum. She acted like I should be able to as if nothing changed. She transferred me to customer service for help.

The girl over there could not find my account at all. Guess she was looking in 2013. I explained I had been an ATX customer for several years but not renewed for 2013. After several "on holds" and her checking she found my account and said you cant access the forum unless you renewed for the CURRENT year 2013.

I know KAMMAN's account was "deactivated" last Feb 28th.

So I'm thinking it's "account deactivation" that is occurring and blocking by some ATX management (but not necessarily the Forum Administrator.)

Why Elrod and other Non-current-ATXers can still get on is a mystery. Maybe they fell thru the cracks.

Haven't used for 4 years.....

I went to atxinc.com....

Click on - My ATX...

Click on - Community Board....

Entered old client ID #...seven digits....

next box...ADMIN

Put in old password....had to change password, cause I'm old.

Click on community........................................................................GOT IN

Elrod, I tried this and it did NOT work. As Judy stated above, I can get into my account but I can not "Go to ATX (community) boards"

That was exactly what I did and I got in as I said last week

Well I had full access on friday, January 31st. I went away for the weekend to do other commitments. When I got back on tuesday the 4th, I was 'denied access". It could be they are deactivating non- 2013 ATX users. The customer service person said it was because I was not a current user, although I don't put a lot of faith in what they say.

I'm pretty sure i did not do any bad behavior to warrant a banning and since Judy said she too lost access why would they ban her. Something is going on down at ATX headquarters. I don't know for sure. it would be nice if they would tell a person WHY they are denied access but they don't.

It's very simple If I pony up some money, they'll open up the community kingdom. Otherwise, I am bantha fodder to them. Typical CCH attitude towards old customers.

Maybe you old customers should have been DE-activated 4 years ago but they dropped the ball. Who knows how they know who's in and who's out. My sales rep acted like she did not notify anybody, unless she wasn't totally forthright.

All caps on....ADMIN

Nope, I finally tried that and it did not work for me. That locked my account and I had to set up another new password. I can access everything that I'd ever need to for the prior year's ATX, although I don't anticipate needing to as I've retained all of the prior years' archive disks and the installation codes. I can no longer access the community and I don't care.

• Like 1