ATX Community

NT: for those fed up with snow

Catherine

We are now at the point we get to every several winters -- where poor Doug has to go out on snowshoes to pack down the snow around the driveway (stone walls line the driveway) so that our snowblower can toss more snow *above* the existing snow. Else it hits and avalanches back into the driveway.

And I'm going to download my own personal copy of the "just kill me" graphic; it's so funny and so right.

Here in NC we know how to have a snowstorm. We had 8" of snow over a 24-hr period, accompanied by some sleet and freeing rain before & during. Driving was risky even for those of us who know how to drive in the mess. I hunkered down at the office during the sleet & ice, waiting for the snowfall so I'd have good traction on the way home. Everything ground to a halt for about 36 hours, then by noon yesterday temps were in the 40's and people were back to work.

Today's high will be mid-40's and next week it will rise by about 10 deg per day until it hits the 70's on Thursday. Atached images are from the back porch at noon on Thursday and noon on Saturday. One week we're complaining about the snow, the next week the problem is the heat & humidity.

I had to go back and add the "Charlotte" photo, in light of the small earthquake near here in the past 24 hours.

post-96-0-20884900-1392486534_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-60866200-1392486764_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-05595000-1392503262_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I am so sick of snow. I know I live in a "lake effect" area, but this year I can't wait for spring! We put 4 snow tires on each of our vehicles. 2 vehicles carry my 2 college student daughters to campus everyday. My car 8 yrs and the only manual transmission is great in the snow, but I worry every day with them driving. Please see picture from our back yard this AM. I wish they would let me hand deliver the Hawaii Corporate Tax Return at work...

How do attach a picture???
Snow is thigh high in the driveway..

I am so sick of snow. I know I live in a "lake effect" area, but this year I can't wait for spring! We put 4 snow tires on each of our vehicles. 2 vehicles carry my 2 college student daughters to campus everyday. My car 8 yrs and the only manual transmission is great in the snow, but I worry every day with them driving. Please see picture from our back yard this AM. I wish they would let me hand deliver the Hawaii Corporate Tax Return at work...

Snow is thigh high in the driveway..
And this mornings Temperature (02/17/2014) was -15 degrees - I can't wait for winter to be over!

Thank you Catherine for the heads up attaching a picture, Brain was not working last night..

post-1267-0-07112200-1392706677_thumb.jp

post-1267-0-64391800-1392706901_thumb.jp

• Like 2