ATX Community

NT / You know those people who don't set up voice mail?

RitaB

Thank you, I was waiting for permission. Can I include the client who listens to my whole explanation and then says I have to call back to explain that to his spouse when she's home, who of course does not have voice mail, email, or text (not that I'm typing a tax explanation on my tiny phone, but at least I could leave a message to call me for the explanation).

• Like 2

Can I include the client who listens to my whole explanation and then says I have to call back to explain that to his spouse when she's home, who of course does not have voice mail, email, or text (not that I'm typing a tax explanation on my tiny phone, but at least I could leave a message to call me for the explanation).

Yes, yes you can.

• Like 1

I am going on 4 years without setting up my cell phone voice mail system and I am happy to say I have disabled text messaging too. Although I have a separate number for texting, I limited my texting to a minimum. I hate texting and receiving text at any time of the day.

• Like 1

I am going on 4 years without setting up my cell phone voice mail system and I am happy to say I have disabled text messaging too. Although I have a separate number for texting, I limited my texting to a minimum. I hate texting and receiving text at any time of the day.

My husband doesn't have voice mail either and wouldn't know how to use it if he did. I don't do texting either, but e-mailing works for my young clients. My cell phone was just ringing while I was on the land line with another client. Yes, voice mail was left. I am amazed to find out how many people know that tomorrow is April 1 and keep telling me that they waited so they wouldn't be bothering me while I was busy. How much busier can I get than I am right now. I will never understand the human race. Never!!!!

• Like 2

Two have CALLED ME today to say they were coming Friday.

I am amazed to find out how many people know that tomorrow is April 1 and keep telling me that they waited so they wouldn't be bothering me while I was busy. How much busier can I get than I am right now. I will never understand the human race. Never!!!!

Haha, I know! And two have called me today to say they were coming Friday. Yippee, I can't wait, you are getting an extension, see you Friday, click.

• Like 1

Maybe I should have qualified the original post to say "people with no contact information are killing ME."

Wait, I think there are clauses in the 10 commandments. Yes, there they are:

10.1: "Thou shalt be allowed to kill those with inadequate contact information."

10.2: "Thou shalt not disconnect thy land line and answering machine if thou dost not answer thy cell phone or set up thy voice mail."

• Like 3

You know those people who don't set up voice mail? And don't have text messaging or email?

It's ok to kill those people.

Thank you, I was waiting for permission. Can I include the client who listens to my whole explanation and then says I have to call back to explain that to his spouse when she's home, who of course does not have voice mail, email, or text (not that I'm typing a tax explanation on my tiny phone, but at least I could leave a message to call me for the explanation).

I'll bet MAS and all the others we are referring to, their home DVD player, Microwave and Stove are all flashing 12:00.

This is not MAS, but they have printers but no ink or paper, and e-mail but have no idea how to use it...

• Like 1

I wish I could convince everyone to use text or email instead of wanting to talk on the phone. People always seem to have the worst timing when they call me and I end up playing phone tag later. Or they call and expect an immediate answer on something that I have to look up. With text or email I get back to them at my convenience and if I have to look something up for the response I can do that too.

• Like 2

I'll bet MAS and all the others we are referring to, their home DVD player, Microwave and Stove are all flashing 12:00.

This is not MAS, but they have printers but no ink or paper, and e-mail but have no idea how to use it...

This guy calls in to complain his VCR is flashing 12:00

Did you run out of "Likes" again. Seems to me that you are cheating, but then you write your own commandments, so who can tell?

Yes, I ran out of those little suckers again. Cheating? Me?

10.1 should say...

"Thou shalt have not other tax pro before me!"

That's 1.1 :P

I wish I could convince everyone to use text or email instead of wanting to talk on the phone. People always seem to have the worst timing when they call me and I end up playing phone tag later. Or they call and expect an immediate answer on something that I have to look up. With text or email I get back to them at my convenience and if I have to look something up for the response I can do that too.

I love texting clients. They answer more quickly than they answer email, and you don't have to waste time with a phone conversation. We have some rental properties, and texting tenants is even better than texting tax clients!

• Like 1

Agree. Texting and emailing save me time. I also like that you have the response in writing. I still flap my yak when they drop off and pick up, and I like that, too. I have noticed that tech savvy clients are not any smarter than those who are not, BTW. And sometimes they are little too big for their britches, as we say around here, and are sadly lacking on common sense, so I like being able to show them in black and white what they said. Especially when they misuse "your", as in "your the best".

• Like 3

Agree. Texting and emailing save me time. I also like that you have the response in writing. I still flap my yak when they drop off and pick up, and I like that, too. I have noticed that tech savvy clients are not any smarter than those who are not, BTW. And sometimes they are little too big for their britches, as we say around here, and are sadly lacking on common sense, so I like being able to show them in black and white what they said. Especially when they misuse "your", as in "your the best".

Their there they're, it will all be ok....

• Like 3