ATX Community

NT-I may not be able to get any work done for a couple of years

NECPA in NEBRASKA

We had to put our 20 year old wonderful cat to sleep on 6/6. It was a terrible loss and we still cry every day because he was an amazing companion and my client's love him. Yesterday we decided that we needed another cat and went home from the Humane Society with three kittens. They are so cute, naughty and loving. One is trying to learn to type right now. They cry when I lock them out of my office, but I am obviously going to have to harden up until they get a little older. I am so glad that we got them, because they do ease the pain just a little for all of us. My son just turned 20, so it has been very hard on him to lose the pet that he grew up with as we got him when Andrew was only 2 months old.

I will have to train the new guys to be good little greeters, just like the great old-timer before them.

• Like 4

I, too, am sorry for the loss of your loved pet. It's so easy to love them and so hard to lose them.

As for the 3 little ones, check my avatar. They can eventually be trained to be excellent paperweights, nerve soothers, watchcats, and even use the calculator! It does take time and very large desk, however, should you wish to actually accomplish work, too. Just make a tiny space and be efficient!

• Like 3

I lost my 21 year old last year. I feel your pain at the loss of a Constant Companion. I already had three others though, one of whom sits on my clients laps and demands attention, and two twin lumps o cat that make great foot warmers in the winter (collectively known as 'the fat cats'). Your kittens will provide MUCH distraction from your loss & work! And cheers to you for adopting!

• Like 1