ATX Community

Poll - When will the IRS open efile?

BulldogTom

What Day will EFile open for Individual Returns  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What day will the IRS open Efile for all individual tax filers?

• January 15th - there will be no delay!
    • January 22nd - the IRS planned for this and it will be a short delay
    • January 29th - it takes some time to get things set up and tested
    • February 5th -because the Republicans cut the IRS budget
    • February 12th - as soon as Lois Lerner gets done screening non-profits
    • Some other date

My bet would be on multiple dates.  Maybe as early as January 29 for really simple returns, then around mid-February for returns affected by extenders, or even late February if they have depreciation.  And my bet would be that we might as well get used to it.  

That's what I was saying in the other topic where this came up. I think it will still open before the end of Jan for those early filers (cough) that must have the refunds they are (cough) entitled to.

• Like 6

I think it will still open before the end of Jan for those early filers (cough) that must have the refunds they are (cough) entitled to.

I have a terrible cough every year from the middle of January thru about the third week of February.  Then I see all the actual tax "payers", and my cough goes away but I get depressed and eat a lot of comfort foods. 

• Like 9

That's what I was saying in the other topic where this came up. I think it will still open before the end of Jan for those early filers (cough) that must have the refunds they are (cough) entitled to.

But.....suppose those early filers who must get early refunds don't get whatever form they may or may not need for medical insurance purposes.

At this point....I plan on telling all the early birds that if an amendment is needed due to early filing they will have to pay the fee again.

• Like 3

But.....suppose those early filers who must get early refunds don't get whatever form they may or may not need for medical insurance purposes.

At this point....I plan on telling all the early birds that if an amendment is needed due to early filing they will have to pay the fee again.

My fee for amendment by taxpayer choice is 125% of original preparation fee.  Besides, if a client does not have the forms needed to properly document insurance purchased through an exchange, to file a return without that information or to input incorrect information is not allowed by Circ. 230.

If my clients don't have all the information, I will not do the return.  If they are in that all fired of a hurry, H&R is just across town.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That will necessitate a trip to WI after tax season!  I think I will refrain from travelling to WI during the winter months!!

The weather here today is approximately what it was the first time that you were here.  In all reality, ice cream would not be the food of choice today.  If we actually get to file before the 22nd, I will, however, expect you to pay up! :unsure:

• Like 1