ATX Community

Another thing that I wish ATX knew

RitaB

I think it's infinite business use or indeterminate form - right teacher?

Zero divided by zero is undefined, and zero divided by anything other than zero is zero, my star pupil. 

I don't know why the red screaming error that we gotta put in the miles, then when you do, they divide incorrectly.  Grrrrr.  Where's my candy bar?

• Like 5

Actually, any non zero number  divided by zero  is undefined; zero divided by zero in indeterminate.

Why you ask?

17/0 or -13/0 have no possible answer, hence undefined.

0/0 could = 17 (because 17*0=0) or it could = -.34 (because -.34*0=0) or it could equal any number--hence it is indeterminate but not undefined.

Math lesson over :)

• Like 5

Actually, any non zero number  divided by zero  is undefined; zero divided by zero in indeterminate.

Why you ask?

17/0 or -13/0 have no possible answer, hence undefined.

0/0 could = 17 (because 17*0=0) or it could = -.34 (because -.34*0=0) or it could equal any number--hence it is indeterminate but not undefined.

Math lesson over :)

Well, thank you, that's what happens when I don't look stuff up, and haven't taught algebra in 20 years.

My husband, back in high school, asked his dad for help on a beginning calculus problem.  His dad looked at it and said, "You can solve that with tensors," at which point my husband declined and said he'd ask his mom (yes she knew calculus; she has an advanced degree in chemistry).

• Like 1

I bought myself five bucks worth of flowers at Walmart today cause I am a little "tensor" than usual and sick of winter.  Plus I'm worth it. That's my lesson in "adding" a smile to your face.  Got milk and Dawn "Escape" Malibu scent, too. 

post-21-0-19368800-1425502021_thumb.jpg

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 8

OK - teaching math and debating what 0x0 or 0/0 or 0+0 or 0-0 equals or means and going to Walmart and buying flowers while at the same time asking for a candy bar and making plans to frame a print?  Am I the only one working on tax returns today?   :)

I am working as hard as I can and cannot get past being 60 behind.  They just keep coming.  Phone and fax are crazy and e-mails are nearly as bad.  And, then, the blasted drop-ins.  I wish I could get out to buy MYSELF some flowers like SOME people on this board.

• Like 4

I bet you're the one wanting to write off guns and ammo as entertainment, aren't you?

NOT!!!  I just want to write off flowers and hugs.  I get plenty of hugs, but no flowers.  However, my right hand did bring homemade chicken dumpling soup for lunch yesterday.

• Like 3

NOT!!!  I just want to write off flowers and hugs.  I get plenty of hugs, but no flowers.  However, my right hand did bring homemade chicken dumpling soup for lunch yesterday.

Hahaha well I broke off the key in the barn door going to feed the calf this morning and my son and I had to break in. I think it may be reasonable for me to check into the guns and ammo for all the people who will have left messages for me when I make it to work. Winter is kickin my @$$.

• Like 4

Hahaha well I broke off the key in the barn door going to feed the calf this morning and my son and I had to break in. I think it may be reasonable for me to check into the guns and ammo for all the people who will have left messages for me when I make it to work. Winter is kickin my @$$.

Really?  I was leaving my garage yesterday, started down the drive, put on the brakes and just kept on going.  The driveway is a third of a mile long, winding and on the side of a mountain, and yesterday it was a sheet of ice.   Only the snow piled three feet high on the side of the drive slowed me down.  Yes - I am ready for spring too.  And it is on the way.  How do I know this?  One of my perpetual April clients dropped off his stuff yesterday.  When he shows up, Spring is close at hand.

• Like 7