ATX Community

Renewal

Christian

This is the time of year I usually renew with ATX. I got the usual May discount email from them but am curious if any of you have been able to wangle any additional discount from your rep? I note a discount code block on their net renewal form but no code is provided. I've been with ATX since before there was an ATX and note they are raising their price with each passing year. :(

My call came yesterday just as I was thinking about calling my rep.  I have had the same gal for several years.  I bit the bullet and renewed.  Too much going on in my personal life (as well as extensions) to dally.  I was offered the option of making three payments, but made the commitment for another year in full and now I will move on to other things.:rolleyes:

Sharing this because the initial pricing for ATX ends by May 31, 2015. Maybe you can still do good, after --- But I did not want to worry.

Finally called ATX today --- found last years rep apparently not there --- so emails probably "lost in space".

However did talk with one of my new rep's team (team member - Robert Duncan at 800-495-4626 x 1231 // rep is Will VanKleef same # dif. ext - 1223) and was pleased about "attitude" (old ATX -- facts and full information and answer any questions, etc..). By the way, worked with Will back a few years and he is straight forward too, just as Robert was today.

Bottom line, no discount code added to price shown and as a matter of fact -- new price shown on the site is now listed at regular retail (when code block there that was actually price for already customers). My small package lists (now) at a bit over $100 more than my price (I am simply a 1040 package user). My aggravation over the "extra fee" for shipping, CD's and such (since they do not really ship anyway and I use all downloads, etc.)) was partially alleviated when Robert explained the "fee" was not just shipping, etc. but was for them to do a set-up and migration of data each year along with keeping a "pipe" open to SS and IRS for e-filing, etc..

One thing I loved to hear was that the PRS system was again back to individual pricing (yes, business returns are $54.00 while the 1040 returns are $35.00) and I do not have to buy the PRS system separately to do the few returns outside my package.  Good dollar savings for me.

If thinking or wondering, call Robert or Will and get the facts --- then decide.

Have a Great Memorial Day holiday and rest up for whatever congress and the irs throw at us  --- next year.

• Like 1

the "fee" was not just shipping, etc. but was for them to do a set-up and migration of data each year along with keeping a "pipe" open to SS and IRS for e-filing, etc..

Boy does that sound like a load of crap.

I wish there was an option for a discount for less support. Perhaps include 3 support calls and then pay per call. Because some people call support for every little thing (because it's free, don'cha know), but I've only called 3 times in 2 years, and those were my first 2 years with the product. Support has to be expensive.

• Like 1

If you currently are assigned to a sales rep, no other sales rep can process your order.  This I know from 3 week old first hand experience.  I was also told that the "handling" fee included the cost for the "free" Master Tax Guide that comes with the MAX package.

I get the impression that the sales department at CCH for ATX products is being run by a bunch of political people who write narratives to fit a particular situation instead of having a solid company policy in place and requiring all sales people to dispense the same information.

Rant over!!

• Like 2

If you currently are assigned to a sales rep, no other sales rep can process your order.  This I know from 3 week old first hand experience.  I was also told that the "handling" fee included the cost for the "free" Master Tax Guide that comes with the MAX package.

I get the impression that the sales department at CCH for ATX products is being run by a bunch of political people who write narratives to fit a particular situation instead of having a solid company policy in place and requiring all sales people to dispense the same information.

Rant over!!

​Have you ever "priced" the Master Tax Guide?  I did, and it is expensive.  I, for one, use it a lot for the final word and am happy to receive it as part of the Max package.

• Like 3

​Have you ever "priced" the Master Tax Guide?  I did, and it is expensive.  I, for one, use it a lot for the final word and am happy to receive it as part of the Max package.

​I agree.  I use it extensively. 

Why the deception about "shipping", "handling" or whatever they call it.  Political practices plain and simple.  CCH thinks we are "low information" enough to believe the male bovine crap they keep spreading.  Unfortunately, enough ATX purchasers must be....

I'm renewing for 2015 and also including the new version of Fixed Asset Manager in my renewal.

I also paid the $ 150 fee for unlimited payroll processing efiling that is not shown on the renewal form.

I believe ATX erred in not fully disclosing the change in payroll efiling fees in all of the renewal literature I was emailed.

I also believed it erred in not disclosing the $ 150 prepaid cap fee in lieu of $ 1.50 per return set efiled.

And we all make misteaks [mistakes] that we wish we hadn't made.

Bottom line for me is that overall cost of all the features I receive are still the best value for my business and clients.

• Like 3

Just committed $ 2091.14 for Total Tax Office.  Efile few enough 1099-MISC's and 94x series returns that I can stomach the new $ 1.50/per fee -- even though there is NO material justification for it, but, rather like CCH has adopted airline billing practices.  As for paying later, time value of money in today's interest rates?  Ha.

​How much was that? I didn't even think to ask when I renewed. I'm also not sure what the enhanced fixed asset features are.

​For 2015, Fixed Asset Manager is being deleted and its features brought directly back into the program.

If you had FAM for 2014, the renewal cost is $ 179.

If you didn't have FAM, then cost is $ 279.

For 2015 it's called:

ATX Enhanced Asset Management Functionality 
ATX Enhanced Asset Management Functionality
  • Like 1

Thanks, David! I wonder why my rep didn't at least ask me about this. As a salesperson, he should be trying to sell me stuff, especially when it's a new item.

I was under the mistaken impression that enhanced asset functionality was going to be programmed into basic ATX. Silly me.

ATX is now offering something called ATX Advantage.  I'm not sure what you get for the additional $1400, yes that's right.  They say something about advanced calculations and dedicated support.  I can't imagine this giving ATX any more speed.  It sounds like a transition to establishing a two tier program.  One low end program, one higher end program.  I renewed the Total Tax package but I'll see how this goes in the future.

• Like 1

I emailed my sales rep about enhanced fixed assets and he called and left a message that it was 279. I emailed back and said no thanks. I wouldn't pay more the 100 for it. He called back again and said he could do 100, so I signed up for it. This way I can evaluate it for a year and see if it's worth having.

• Like 2