ATX Community

ATX Payroll

ETax847

I export from QuickBooks (actually print using an xps printer that comes with windows I believe), import into ATX, complete the 1096 info then create the efile on my desktop. From there you have to download the accuwage from SS and run it on your file from ATX. Once that is done, you can upload it to SS.  I have run into 2 obstacles with this method.

1. You have to keep changing the SS password.
  2. I am having trouble getting a file to pass the accuwage check.  First time for this problem.  I have to break down and call SS business services.

Rich

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichRhodesEA said:

I export from QuickBooks (actually print using an xps printer that comes with windows I believe), import into ATX, complete the 1096 info then create the efile on my desktop. From there you have to download the accuwage from SS and run it on your file from ATX. Once that is done, you can upload it to SS.  I have run into 2 obstacles with this method.

2. I am having trouble getting a file to pass the accuwage check.  First time for this problem.  I have to break down and call SS business services.

Rich

Those are instructions for W-2 forms.

1099 forms e-file in the same manner as a tax return.

On 1/24/2016 at 8:07 AM, RichRhodesEA said:

Rich

We efile W2s right from QuickBooks just by clicking a button. Intuit charges a fee to efile 1099s, so we just mail those in... for now.

2 hours ago, Lion EA said:

Any recommendations for my client with two household employees and a Mac?  (He'd been doing it all by hand until the red forms for his ICs became harder to get free from the IRS, as well as the blank W-2s.)

Go to Staples and buy the forms? Ask a local EA/CPA if he can buy/beg/borrow a couple?

14 minutes ago, Oh Baby! said:

Can someone explain. Is the $1.50 fee per company or per payee. So if my client issues 50, 1099's will i be charged $1.50 or $75?

I tried calling tech support but after waiting on hold for a half hour, Olga had no idea, transferred me and I then got disconnected.

The charge is neither by company or payee. In your example, the charge would be $ 1.50 for a 1096.

I have several clients who have two or three different kinds of 1099s each with a different 1096, so I pay

either $3.00 or $4.50  for these clients

Anybody have any luck at Staples this year?  One client bought a pack of Forms 1099-MISC and they included software and 50 forms when we need only a few.  He's very frugal, and that's the best he saw in stores in two different towns.  I went online and was able to find the same pack that says it's compatible with Adams (?) software but without the disk but still the smallest was 50 and they were NOT compatible with a different client's QB for Mac.  Her QB was about three years old, so I convinced her to upgrade to the latest QB, and it still was not compatible with the Staples forms.  I used to buy the Staples forms/have my clients buy the Staples forms as cheaper than the QB forms, but this year Staples is not working for everyone and when it does it's very pricey with the software included which we don't need and the larger packs.  I guess I have to start earlier next year and order from QB.

I usually order a bunch by mail from the IRS for a few clients who need just one or two and can type or hand write them.  In a pinch, I have torn the first page off the IRS packet and run it through my laser printer when I have run out of the forms that I order for me. So far, I have had pretty good luck with that, but your mileage may vary.