ATX Community

Clients are already driving me a little nuts

Roberts

My office is 12 miles from my house, and sometimes that is not far enough.  You all working out of your homes have my utmost respect.  And sympathy.

I used to come in and work with the office door locked on Saturdays.  It was infuriating how people would still bang on the door.  I gave up and now leave it unlocked.   Life is too long to be shooting at people through the window.

• Like 6

My office is about 12 miles from the house.  And we have Saturday office hours.  And evenings.  But not Sunday.  Occasionally, I come in to work on Sunday afternoons to catch up.  And yes, people will show up. But I have started parking at an apartment near here so that my car is not apparent when I am in the office catching up, and I don't turn any lights on if I can help it.  That cuts down on the banging on the door business and they use the drop box because they don't think that I am here.  I should be more like Rita instead of sneaking into my own office.  *sigh*

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

I (mostly) solved the PJ's problem by getting my little office a mile from my house.  Why "mostly"? - Because some folks still show up at the house to drop papers off.

I thought you were going to say that you solved it by sleeping in your clothes.:unsure:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

I should be more like Rita instead of sneaking into my own office.  *sigh*

Oh, it I could hide the car on Saturdays I would!  The closest place to park is 1/4 mile away and I'd get killed crossing four lanes of traffic.  I hate when that happens.

• Like 5